Years ago

Creek signs with 36ers

Thats all i want to know about.
is he a sixer so we can build a team into the future with DJ

(Mod: Topic updated.)

Topic #28261 | Report this topic

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

36ers tweeted a thing about flowers today.. I think that shows you how excited they are about free agency.

Reply #361564 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

well he phoned me today to thank me for renewing my tickets and that he looks forward to seeing us at the games

Reply #361571 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

I got the same call as Thomo..be a bit stupid to have him calling and not on the team lol

Reply #361573 | Report this post

Flowergirl  
Years ago

Signed 2 year deal today

Reply #361580 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

2 years - all good , this will give the new coach at least one year with him to help pull him out of the development hole we will be in after next season's continued diminution of court time..

Reply #361591 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

VeryOld - I thought his game time must have been down substantially this season, too. However, Creek played well over 15 mins per game this season and just under 17 mins per game last season. Not as much of a decrease as I expected.

Reply #361596 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

The issue isn't how much court time Creek is getting....the issue is how much court time Marty's favourite Weigh gets at Creek's and other's expense.

Reply #361624 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

@ Spinner that is crap, stop making shit up to make you feel like you know what your talking about. Get a life!!

Reply #361625 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Nagy : " We didn't need to play Weigh with injury all those minutes . Should have had a game or two off. "

Reply #361634 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boy does Weigh cop it on here. Averaged 11 PPG (fourth scorer on the team). Could improve percentages and watch the turnovers of course, but he wasn't dreadful. Oscar won the Hawks' MVP award averaging less than 11 PPG! If you think Weigh was overplayed, target the coach; which player is going to turn down court time?

As for Creek, Hawks went after him and Adelaide were pushed to improve their offer to keep him. Seems to be pretty much signed now.

Reply #361642 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Deal done.

I guess Schenscher is the next piece?

Reply #361669 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I didn't think Spinners comments were unreasonable. Marty is apparently all about developing youngsters yet Creeks minutes went down when it should have gone up much more considering the season we had.

Isaac, I am sure Oscar could have scored more if he had those 7 extra minutes that Weigh had.

Reply #361679 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Playing Creek more wasn't going to give him a jumpshot all of a sudden lol.
Good signing by the Sixers to keep young talent in the club so when he does have a J, it's in a Sixers uniform.

Reply #361680 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Most low-key signing announcement in the league this off-season might go to the 36ers:

congratulations to DJ for the Boomers call up and welcome back to @MitchCreek23

KJ, maybe a couple of points, taking him to 12 PPG compared to Weigh's 11 PPG? Still not a huge a difference. One guy cops endless junk on here even though with those numbers he was fourth contributor on a team, while the other guy is named club MVP. Quite the difference.

Reply #361689 | Report this post

AussieHoopla.com  
Years ago

Always knew he was coming back, on our podcast http://www.aussiehoopla.com/category/podcasts/ when we spoke to him he was loving it there. I know he hopes to make NBA, we spoke about his chances on the podcast but I'm surprised at this stage of the game his contract needs an NBA out clause, if he made an NBA team wouldn't they just let him go anyways to develop and come back like Heal, Gaze, Bradtke, Ricky Grace, etc

Reply #361690 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Good signing, but I would have tried to lock away a three year deal given the (low) points rating Creek has. It is a two edged sword, but would love to see him rated an 8 or 9 in two years time!

Reply #361692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Id rather win team MVP on a team that had Simpson, Weigh, Johnson and Warren than on the Hawks who have um what his name? lol

Reply #361710 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

'710, obviously. Are you contesting my point in some way?

Reply #361719 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Law of averages . You have Weigh . I'd have Creek.
Not signing Creek and DJ , all that rebuilding would be lost. Would be wasted.
Here's 2 names the press and public are getting to know , and now with the Boomers.

Reply #361795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek,DJ,Weigh there is the future!Luke would be handy, Cadee iceing on the cake, fingers crossed.

Reply #361800 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Mitch on Twitter about an hour ago;

"some very good news. Stay tuned hoop fans."

Reply #361836 | Report this post

forcey  
Years ago

My thoughts on the signing on my blog

http://www.36reasons.net/2012/05/mitch-is-coming-back.html

In short, I hope he gets a clear role and some consistent minutes. has the tools to be a very good NBL player.

Reply #362174 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

He has the athleticism and build but does not yet have many of the tools.

Reply #362175 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:02 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754