Dr Dunkenstein
Years ago

Centrals v Eastern game Review

What were the final scores of the men and womens game?

Can someone give me a run down of how the game went.

Did Jye shoot the lights out again?

Topic #2828 | Report this topic

JYE WATSON  
Years ago

nope

Reply #32130 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I've got the stats up now. Eastern won at Starplex 100-70. Lions were without Reggie and I think that's demonstrated who is the spine of that team! A few Centrals starters didn't shoot very well (Jye 7-24, Wilkey 4-16, Hammond 2-9), Clausen was 0-6 and Atkins was 1-9. Jye had 18 points and 7 rebounds in 32 minutes.

For Eastern, Davis wasn't any more accurate (5-19 for 18 points), but they had more scorers and solid rebounding from their big men.

I suggested that Brad Bungy was going be a problem for the Lions, and that proved correct -- he had 16 points and 13 rebounds for 38 HSA in only 24 minutes before fouling out! Trebilcock had another good night on the boards with 12 points and 15 rebounds.

Adam Todd had the best rating for the Lions with 31 HSA from 17 points at 50%, 10 rebounds and 4 assists.

Reply #32141 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

It just shows how much Reggie means to the team. Eastern must have had strong contributions from every one to blow them out like that or centrals played like dogs.

Reply #32147 | Report this post

old_balls  
Years ago

A little bit from column A, a little bit from column B.

Reply #32149 | Report this post

Jordy  
Years ago

Jye still had a good game though. When you get 50 points one game, the next week theres a lot of pressure on him. His shots were just not on that night.

Reply #32227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did you see Terry Harvey's little boy cheering him on? He's just like a mini me of Terry. So cute!

Reply #32236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what happened. did centrals even show up to the game. and the mavricks number 4 should've shown more sportsman ship than that gettin carried away with the supporters you just don't do that. and after the game he shouldn't have even said a word to the lions supporters. he really should be a bemch warmer

Reply #32310 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

The guy was a *#(&*#$ .... it was the first time he had been on the court... for the whole game and where in the dieing seconds of the game ... he only got on the court coz the game was over .... then he makes a foul shot and stares down the Blue army ... Like its a massive achevement that he hit a foul shot ..... Well Mate i take my hat off to ya way to hit that foul shot...

Reply #32312 | Report this post

curious monkey  
Years ago

how can u all sit there, and bag a kid for looking. He is out there giving it a red hot go, in front of an intimidating home crowd, when your all out there guarding him, then you can talk. Focus more on the game and how they play than your thoughts on what sort of people they are. Box score had him for 7 minutes.

Reply #32315 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

the guy did alot more then just look over at the blue army... i think you will find he was trying to get under our skin..

Reply #32317 | Report this post

curious monkey  
Years ago

Truth, you said "then he makes a foul shot and stares down the Blue army" staring is another word for looking. What else did he do wrong, apart of play some trash time??..??

Reply #32319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why would he be trying to get under the crowd's skin??

Reply #32320 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

I was saying is it wasnt a innocent glance .. taken the wrong way .... he was trying to rev up the crowd who was already angry at a bad game by the lions .... Im just saying that kinda thing could get dangerous... Look at soccer at the moment and the troubles they are having ... players need to learn to just play the game... Also i heard jye gave some eastern fans the finger coz he was just targeted all game with verbal abuse... Both ways things need to be kept under control

Reply #32375 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

I would compare to the brisbane player who gave it to the sixers after the finals loss last season ... it was by no means to that extreme but it ... was along the same lines ... players just need to know the boundry with player fan interaction and same with the fans towards players...

Reply #32376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Centrals fans are going to have a go at people then maybe they should expect something back. If they thnk for one minute that this sort of behaviour is needed then I for one suggest they they go to the soccer instead of the basketball.

If they do decide to take it into their own hands then the club iotself will be held accountable by the other clubs.

So The Truth, if the blue army can't be expected to behave then maybe the Centrals Committe needs to act before something does happen. Otherwise I will be pushing my club to have them removed from the competition.

Reply #32397 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

you've got to crawl before you can walk, centrals getting a dedicated fan base is great (provided they are kept under control, soccer-like fans will not be tolerated in basketball). Does the Blue Army travel, and see other teams home support?

Truth - you get on a bench players back for looking, and in the same breath tell us Jye, one of the leaders of your centrals outfit flipped the crowd the bird. I think its great that you are passionate about your team, but dont forget there are two sides to every coin, and you can't watch a game of basketball with only one eye.

Reply #32398 | Report this post

Jordy  
Years ago

well said dr.

Reply #32423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah well said

Reply #32452 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:27 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754