What!
Years ago

Worst coaching decision ever!

Tonights SEABL game came down to 2 points between dandegong rangers and Hobart Chargers. A player was sent to the line with 8 seconds left, missed the two free throws and gave the Chargers a chance to win. Just before the free throws coach Anthony Stewart subbed out S.Armstrong (who had hit a three only moments before to make it a 2 points game) and put in T.Krebs (who hadn't played a single minute in the whole game and only few minutes in the whole season) to shoot the game winner. The shot missed and the Chargers lost by 2.

You have to ask the question "did the coach want to win" when you see something like this happen.

Overall all I have to say is it was a very unprofessional move by the coach and I am very annoyed that this happend!

Do you guys think it was the right move?

Topic #28340 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

OK Dad calm down.....

Reply #363097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The defence would have been all over Armstrong and wouldn't have been expecting to have to deal with Krebs. If the shot had dropped it would have been a great decision. Get over it.

Reply #363098 | Report this post

Rock  
Years ago

So you are Armstrong's dad?

Reply #363100 | Report this post

Posturing  
Years ago

Armstrong is money in clutch situations. A veteran who is renowned for coming up big when it counts. Strange decision if that's what happened.

Reply #363103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least he gave the kid a chance. Imagine if the shot had dropped, the kid would remember it for the rest of his life. I bet if he had made the shot you would be saying how good of a coaching decision it was? I am sure there was a strategy behind the decision anyway!

Reply #363104 | Report this post

Johnny  
Years ago

Ha are the people saying that he was taken out of the game because defense would be all over him serious?

Same to the 'if he made the shot he would be a hero.' The coach is paid to win games not create disney story lines.

Anyway, were you at the game OP or following fiba live or something cos a quick look at the box score suggests that Armstrong fouled out. If that's the case I'm sure the play wasn't drawn up for the guy who doesn't usually get burn...probably just happened that way.

Reply #363109 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Should of subbed in Chuck Long.He saved Frankston 3 times last week on the buzzer.

Reply #363113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please refrain from emotive phrases like, 'worst coaching decision ever' as you may be sued by BSA who have a patent on 'worst coaching decisions'.

Reply #363130 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

I believe it was because of conflict with the same coach that caused Long to move onto Frankston ;)

Reply #363154 | Report this post

Encased Heeding  
Years ago

If Stewart could draw up a play for a guy (in this case Armstrong) to shoot it after fouling out (with 8 seconds left) I'm sure he'd have better job than Hobart!

And Chuck putting ' it the hole late' may have helped his departure from Tassie!

Reply #363164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha the guy was fouled out. Idiot.

Reply #363187 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:15 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754