Tyrell
Years ago

SEABL transport questions - who pays?

With the seabl, obviously the teams fly to games ? Ie- dandenong going to hobart? Do the players have to pay or do the clubs cover it and therefore do the clubs need to have a certain amount of capital (at the start of the season) to guarantee they can attend all games

Topic #28341 | Report this topic

Johnny  
Years ago

I can tell you that the players don't pay. As for if the money is coming from the league or the teams i don't know...

Reply #363108 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

All covered under the league fees.Club pays the league a fee every season including accomodation and airfares.Players are paid from $5k to $25k for a season in general.

Reply #363112 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Back in my day the players certainly didnt pay 4 flights but we didnt get paid either. Sometimes we got petrol money or a food allowance. Cashed up clubs like Bendigo pay all players something!

Reply #363117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not every player on a SEABL roster gets paid.Far from it. Mant players that want to play at the best level will do it for nothing. However there is every chance that if they are really good at it, they might get some money.

Reply #363118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree the majority of players would not get even close to $5000 a season. Imports and NBL rostered players get paid decent, an average player might get a little bit and most benchies nothing.

Reply #363122 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Thanks guys!

Reply #363126 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Top 7 of most rosters would be earning at a minimum 3-5k.Bottom 2 or 3 wouldn't be getting much.Also very different for city clubs against country clubs.

Reply #363133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It also depends on the team. The bigger associations can give players more money. For example Albury barely pay any of their players except for their imports (and a couple of Aussie recruits this season)

Reply #363147 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Country teams may organise a job for a player to get him to come and play.The Albury Wodonga Bandits have had an outstanding season and full credit to there coach and committee.

Reply #363153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Albury have actually recruited well this season and spent some money. Normally it is just the imports (and probably Nick Payne) who got paid. They have a couple of good recruits (Opacic and someone else who I forget who would be paid this season). They help players get a job, but to play for the Bandits you have to be either studying or working (except imports I think)

Reply #363158 | Report this post

Tassieballer  
Years ago

Do all teams pay there players on top of the costs of traveling ect?

Reply #363167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not every player in a SEABL side gets paid.
The players often get a small amount of moeny as well to lessen the impact of meals etc as wellwhen away. Some meals are provided, and in some cases not all meals are provided.

Reply #363199 | Report this post

BBallRUs  
Years ago

Senior players get paid. Junior players often can't get paid so that they can keep their amateur status. Some bench players don't get paid until they become an intregal part of the team. Regarding travel, food, accomodation expenses: the players do not pay. Even uniforms are supplied.

Reply #363334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I Played with Bendigo like 10 years ago, all players were paid, plus a meal allowance and other things, was awesome...but we did average 2000+ to every home game tho

Reply #363446 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:06 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754