Results
Years ago

Results are they right

Results up are they right or has BASA got them wrong.

Bearcats won in U14 Boys Div 1.

If this is correct well done boys.

Topic #28358 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The U14's results over a couple of weeks have been at times surprising especially the results of Southern and to a lesser extent Norwood who played off in the state champs. It just makes you think if the state champs is the way to go as a selection method for classics but more importantly nationals.

Reply #363383 | Report this post

Results  
Years ago

Yeah Send the Bearcats....

Reply #363385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I mean Sturt are top with 1 loss and are not going. Southern Tigers have lost to Rockets and Mavs either side of state champs who probably both underperformed but Southern finished second.

Norwood have lost 2 now but won state champs.

Is it that some of these teams are reallu susceptible to players not being available and don't have the necessary depth to go far in the nationals should injury, illness or fatigue take over

Reply #363388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bsa NOT basa it is the customer service people on the night who put the scores up. If the information is incorrect on the score sheet, ie parent has wrong team as winning easily done, maybe it isn't the fault of the door keeper but the person completing the sheet.

perhaps then again maybe they did win.

Reply #363390 | Report this post

Results  
Years ago

Don't know. And all teams have injuries. I guess if you lose a gun player it can be the difference. Also some teams can handle pressure and others can't. Probably the Friday night stuff is a let down compared to State Champs for some teams.

Are you saying Norwood had injuries ? Thats why Bearcats won !!!!

Anyway well done Bearcats !!!!!

Reply #363393 | Report this post

Years ago

Everyone has to worry about there own team
look at the competion there are many teams losing the top 6 teams are very close. it depends on the night

Yes Norwood did have players out two infact.
but had a bad night and Bearcats just outbeat them and played better on the night but im sure they would of leant what they need to improve on just like every team need to improve

no one talks about other teams lossing
Southern beaten by mavericks
Centrals beaten by Woodville
Sturt not making national

SO WHAT!@!!!!!!!!

it the best thing to happen to all the teams as it is how the boys learn

parents of all teams out there look at the big picture are you boys enjoying their self and learrning and improving that all that matters.

Hopefully they will play for many more years to come and not get burnt ou.

Reply #363396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous.

Looks like you are right.

Reply #363397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No reason to change the qualification for nationals. These teams all know which games matter & which, in the big scheme of things, don't.

Often the best teams will rise to the top at state champs because they know there's a lot on the line (Classics for most grades, nationals as well for 14s). Coaches may try some different stuff on Friday's, play people in different positions for development reasons and other stuff.

Then again, maybe Norwood were just missing some kids, West plaed well & got the W. They're 13, it happens sometimes.

Reply #363398 | Report this post

deimos36  
Years ago

Norwood were missing their two gun kids, West were better than what Norwood had left. Simple as that. Well done to West.

Gee some people make a fuss about little things don't they?

Reply #363403 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

yes 2 kids missing playing footy as there are more friday night footy games each season/year it's harder for kid to play both sports and some footy finals will also be played on a friday so kids/parents will have to choose. These kids are 12 years old they should be able to play both sports.

Reply #363482 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

u14 boys state champions are norwood, enough said!

Reply #363560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Enough Said? I am not sure? Who is the best team? I think at the end of the winter season we will find out who was the best for the year, not what happened on one weekend...... Anyone who knows 14 D1 knows the draw for state champs was a bit of a joke this year. Thats just how it goes, luck of the draw. Alot of unpredictable teams this year.

Reply #363612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most even comp I have seen for years. Anyone can beat anyone on the night. top six or seven teams all have a chance for the finals. The game in question shows this. Not sure if there is a best team, the comp is very evenly spread. This is a great change from a team or two dominating all season. Any team with a player or 2 missing is sure in for a challenge. Still cant believe that bearcats beat norwood, but well done bearcats.

Reply #363625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I get the distinct impression that some out there will take any opportunity to bag Norwood. Why is it we don't see a comment when Tigers lost to Mavs or when Woodville beat Centrals?? But if Norwood lose these narrow minded people quickly get to their keyboard to make comment. I believe in karma and I'm sure this will come in massive doses to people who deserve it. Those making the comments should look in their own backyards. Careful what you wish for!!

Reply #363692 | Report this post

deimos36  
Years ago

Isn't it funny how people change their opinion of whether State Champs or winter are most important, depending on how their team goes at State Champs?

Reply #363694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon - I'd say because that particular Norwood team have the biggest "keyboard warrior" parents in all of SA junior basketball.
They were unbearable two years ago in U/12s with their arrogant woofing, and as you might say, karma came their way when they ended up not winning winter despite being the best team all year.
They have again been the biggest "self-woofers" this year.
Without doubt this is the most self-publicised team on this website since the U/14 girls Forestville team of many many years ago (about 7 or 8). And the sad thing is the kids are probably really nice kids and it looks like they have some people hoping they lose (I personally don't) because of thier unbearable supporters/parents.

Reply #363741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon I'm not sure what parent your making reference to bur my point is that there seems to be someone or more who like to bring up Norwood at points when they lose.
And making a point of it and then stating the processs for classics fans nationals should change!!!!! Why not talk about how woodville should be going to the classics and nationals instead of Centrals????

Reply #363756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am sick and tired of people making comments about the under 14 comp like they're playing for cattle stations! Goodness sake they're 12 and 13 yr old boys. Some patents need to get their kids to play other sports .and any one following the comp knows how close it is and on any given night or day any team can win. You don't need to be a Rhodes Scholar to work that out! And if people are offended by the barracking of others stay home and take up knitting and watch tv!

Reply #363759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why should woodville be going to classics instead of centrals?? Just curious. According to the results they lost to them by 14 at state champs and woodville beat centrals by 5 a couple of weeks ago. As for sick and tired BLAH BLAH BLAH!

Reply #363763 | Report this post

parent  
Years ago

I can't believe how mean some people can be!!! I am a parent of one of the U 14 Norwood boys that lost to the Bearcats. Yes, we had 2 players down and it made a difference to how our team fared. I think the Bearcats played well and deserved to win. As for all the commentry on state champs, Classics etc, it is what it is. We should all know as parents that sometimes kids have on or off games. They are also children who LOVE PLAYING BASKETBALL!!! I love watching my boy play and am incredibly proud of him as all the other parents should feel about their own kids. Adults should be displaying a supportive and positive attitude, whether their kids win or lose and all the other kids. Could those that are being unkind to the Norwood team, please stop. It's terrible to read and completely unecessary.Good luck to all the teams for the rest of the Winter season and Melbourne, wherever you are playing. And have FUN!!!

Reply #363767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yep its make or break and fail at this mickey mouse club championship and youre life is over

Reply #363768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

parent - perhaps you should talk to the other parents in your team, and recommend they stop posting on here about how great their/your team is, that may in turn stop the "tit-for-tat". Oh and in particular for the way they "talked down" (putting it politely) the young lads that moved to Centrals!

Reply #363771 | Report this post

Hopscotch  
Years ago

(Mod: Identifying U18 player.)

Reply #363777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And not that they stacked up too well at that tournament, failing to make top 8.

Reply #363778 | Report this post

hoff46  
Years ago

You guys are so friggin funny.To state this about the parents is very childish.I know nearly all these parents and i'm from another club.They are all very normal basketball parents and I havent heard any of these comments or chanting at games,even when we beat them.Talk about something positive you clown.

Reply #363810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why should Centrals not be going? They were up nearly 30 in the third quarter against Woodville before clearing the bench at State Champs. They also beat Eastern @ Eastern by 30 or 40, North @ North by 50 to 60 and Sturt @ Sturt by double digits. They were up 10 against Norwood in the semi too. They had the closest result with Norwood too who won the weekend. They didn't get a home game either over that weekend.

Where are they on the ladder now? Aren't they second?

So just cause we have pathetic parents on here don't sell Centrals short. They deserve to be at classics and nationals.

Reply #363817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geez some people are touchy dont like their team in the spot light. Know how it feels,don't you. can i just remind people you are iden tifying players by your com ments and bias.This could been seen as breaking this websites policy.

Reply #363828 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:42 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754