celtic green
Years ago

NBA All defensive team

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7964203/lebron-james-miami-heat-leads-way-nba-all-defensive-team

I don't really get Serge Ibaka; yeah he blocks a lot of shots and looks great doing it, but he is always out of position. Personally I think he is about to be exposed against the Spurs as a athletic shot blocker with little actual idea on how to defend.

Topic #28375 | Report this topic

Simon  
Years ago

Also strange the DPOY is on the second team???

Reply #363724 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Chandler.. Huh?

Reply #363732 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Its that strange system where media vote for DPOTY and coaches vote for the All-Defensive team, so you end up with two competely different points of view.

You can even have a situation where it is possible for the MVP not to be All-NBA first team!

I think they need to chance the rules, so that the MVP and DPOTY are automatically included in the All-NBA and All-Defensive 1st teams respectively, and the other four spots on each team are left open for voting.

Reply #363739 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

For anyone too lazy to read the article:

First team:
LeBron James
Dwight Howard
Serge Ibaka
Chris Paul
Tony Allen

Second team:
Tyson Chandler
Rajon Rondo
Kevin Garnett
Kobe Bryant
Luol Deng

Reply #363752 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Where is Shawn Marion he guards 4 positions, I would have him in before LBJ, Kobe, Deng or Garnett .

Reply #363764 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Chris Paul. He reminds me of Shane Heal - talks up D but plays very little!

Reply #363769 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Absolute joke that Kobe makes the second team over Iguodala, Conley, Marion, shumpert or Paul George

Reply #363799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andre Iguodala should be on the 1st team. Let alone not on the 2nd

Reply #363809 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Chris Paul 'talks up D'? I guess leading the league in steals is a pretty good way to talk it up.

Reply #363811 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Biggest joke is kg not being 1st team. He has been the key to boston's d which has been the best in the league since the Allstar break!

Reply #363862 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:54 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754