Mw
Years ago

Sixers recruits

Just thinking about the sixers recruits this year compared to what we have lost:

Thomas vs Farley: I would take Farley with one leg.

Cattalini vs Rees & Cooper: I think Cattalini by himself is better than Rees & Cooper combined.

Can't see the boys moving up the ladder with this roster unless the likes of Holmes, Forman and Ng keep improving not to mention Nash pulling his finger out.

Topic #284 | Report this topic

incognito  
Years ago

I am all for bagging the 6ers but I think they will actually be quite good this year.

They said Holmes was effected last year because of all the work he was doing guarding bigger players. Holmes is just going to get better and better each year. He has the world (or the state anyway) at his feet.

NG has always been up for any challenge thrown at him and will do well with more minutes.

Nash should hopefully be rehabbed from injuries.

Cooper will do well in the 6ers system.

Farley has been doing really well in the summer leagues.

I really think the 6ers will have the team to push for the top 4.

Reply #2163 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think they've lost on talent (someone still has to fill CT's 15, 5 and 6 gap. I think Farley has the points and boards covered, but not sure about the assists.

In 2002, Farley averaged 2.5 APG, Maher 4.6, Jason 2.5, Stiff 2.8 and Rees 2.2. In 2003, Maher averaged 6 and CT averaged 6.

But I do think the 2004/05 squad is looking more balanced. There are a few unknowns in there (Cooper, Nash, Forman, Rees, Farley) -- not that we don't know them, but that you couldn't put a solid estimate on how they'll go, it will come down to form, playing time, etc.

Reply #2164 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Nevertheless, can't wait to see Farley back in a sixers uniform!

Reply #2166 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:54 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754