Allyoop
Years ago

Any news on the Melbourne Tigers coach?

Any news on the tigers coaching job? It was supposed to be sorted out by now.

Topic #28401 | Report this topic

Phil  
Years ago

Noticed D Mac and Anstey at the Waverley v Ringwood game on Saturday, looked very much like coaches scouting...

Reply #364266 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

They are the coaches....expect you might see them at more SEABL/Big V games over the coming weeks...hard to recruit NBL players after the ongoin Trev situation so picking up a few cheap options is a great idea!

Reply #364271 | Report this post

Leon  
Years ago

Reardon, his time is coming. Podsiadly of NBL this season.

Reply #364308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why was Andrew Gaze at the same game then?

Reply #364311 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

"Why was Andrew Gaze at the same game then?"

Gaze was not there. Stop making shit up fool !

Reply #364323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DMac goes to a lot of the Waverley games and for that matter other teams games both SYCM1 and SCM. I wouldn't read too much into it at this stage. Andrew Gaze also sees a lot of games, particularly the ones the Tigers are involved in, both Men and Women.

Reply #364326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Benny Lewis in a Waverley uniform might have been a drawcard for a potential boss.

Reply #364340 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

I guess Bennie would be high on there piroty list for further development....cause in the last few year he has really taken such giant leaps forward!

Just looking at his nummber in Big V & he is shooting it really well from deep (29%) and doesn't even go near the paint at NBL level...how he continues to get a game or even be looked at is madness but hey we are talking about the Melbourne Tigers i guess.

(On a side note Bennie is a really good guy so it isn't an attack on him but more on the Tigers for picking him up)

Reply #364351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh my. I just had a chance to listen to the podcast with DC. Wow, talk about needing a violin DC. Mate, get over it. I can't understand why you'd have a personal issue with Trevor, show me a coach that would choose you over Patty Mills and I'll show you a bad coach. Trevor did the right thing getting rid of DC. He may be able to dribble a ball but unfortunately for him, he's also good at dribbling his mouth. Get over it. I hope Trevor gets a payout and gets out. He deserves better. Let the old boys have their Tigers.

Reply #364374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I listened to the same interview, I thought given the questions he was asked he answered them very well.

You can only answer what you are asked.

Trevor I'm sure will get what he deserves, read into that what you like.

However I would be carefull linking him to players after all, there appears to be more than one that would prefer not to play with him as a coach.

Reply #364379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So a guy that had such success in Townsville comes to Melbourne and is suddenly disliked by players when previously he was very well liked? Doubtful. Trevor deserves a payout of his contract according to, um, let me think, the law. Hope he gets it.

Reply #364388 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

I worked with Trevor at the crocs and he was awesome to work with. The problem he has had at the tigers is they (players) are unprofessional and everyone in the league knows it. The tigers clique which DC Anstey and dmac ran are now running the club again. It's the classic case of The tail wagging the dog.
DC wasn't that well liked by younger players who he treated like crap.
So there is is the truth from someone who knows.

Reply #364392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coaches everywherein the nbl need to start scouting and looking for young players..
24 years old here in the nbl is young... Are you kidding in Europe your a veteran at 24..
Whether its SEABL or big v..otherwise young players give up and have no interest in the game. And it does not come down to development as Australia has been great in the junior ranks in recent times.. Get rid of old players and start developing and producing talent

Reply #364397 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I agree with you Anon, but there arent many old players to get rid of, most players in the NBL are in their 20s. The key is getting in more teams so clubs have to look at and develop players in the 18-21 range.

Reply #364401 | Report this post

Tritonus  
Years ago

Yeah, that would be smartr,

Get in young guys, lose games and lose your job coaching because of results.

Not going to happen.

Reply #364405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Neither is the more teams crap.

Reply #364406 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Alot of it a senior level has to do with right place, right time & who you or your manager know to help players get a work out.

The one thing i tell all the SEABL/ABA players i know is get a manager who knows the right people and hopefully he can at least get you a workout.

It is rare that you'll just be plucked from an ABA squad you need to market and push yourself where possible or know someone who can.

Reply #364417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's true but the balance needs to be restored so clubs are chasing young players and not the other way around. Basketball is a basket case for young players, other sports offer much more.

Reply #364425 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Tritonus,

as i said developement in aus is good, why do you think young players in europe stay in europe and dont leave for college, because they have a pathway, in australia its different players leave for college as there is no pathway, you bring the guys from college to play in the nbl as young players and it would be a skilled exciting league..even though you may have a losing season for a couple of years, but after that??? it brings the level of basketball in this country as there is constant flow of younger generation players.. take a note from europe and start implementing the same processes.. there the best at developement for a reason

Reply #364446 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Tritonus,

as i said developement in aus is good, why do you think young players in europe stay in europe and dont leave for college, because they have a pathway, in australia its different players leave for college as there is no pathway, you bring the guys from college to play in the nbl as young players and it would be a skilled exciting league..even though you may have a losing season for a couple of years, but after that??? it brings the level of basketball in this country as there is constant flow of younger generation players.. take a note from europe and start implementing the same processes.. there the best at developement for a reason

Reply #364447 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:29 am, Wed 20 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754