Isaac
Years ago

Durant's two fourth quarters against Spurs: 1/4 FG

I am a big Durant fan, but this is pretty incredible:

In the two fourth quarters against the Spurs so far, Durant has only attempted four shots and is 1/4 FG!

Not demanding the ball?
Too much pressure from the Spurs?
No distribution from the PG?

Topic #28420 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I am a Durant fan myself and the above is very interesting. Definitely justified questions.

Let's see if the Thunder can take game 3 @ home.

Reply #364469 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Two words:

Russell Westbrook

He seems to try and take on too much, instead of giving Durant more touches.

Reply #364472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mixture of all three I think.

Durant has never been a 'hog'of the ball, so maybe he needs to understand that the 4th is his time.

That said, the Spurs are very good at taking teams away from what they want, ie getting Durant the ball in good positions. Leonard and Jax are doing a good job of this and their length troubles him. (well as much as you can trouble a scorer like him).

And finally i think we all agree that while Westbrook is an amazing athlete, super player and one of the best at getting to the rim, his distribution down the stretch goes missing and he takes bad shot. e.g. the airball three with 20secs on the shotclock in game 2.

Spurs are just rolling atm tho!

Reply #364474 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I've watched both the games and it really is a combination of all three but more specifically the first two of the three points.

Stephen Jackson's defense in game 1 on Durant was smothering (literally). He was absolutely all over him. It was hard to see how legal it was on TV but it appeared for the most time quite legal. Durant seemed very bothered by the attention and didn't quite seem to know how to deal with it.

Kevin Durant needs to learn one lesson (and just one lesson) from Kobe and that is to demand the ball, particularly in the 4th, like Kobe does. Didn't seem to truly want it at all.

As far as Westbrook goes, he does seem to be looking for Durant a little more these playoffs. In the last quarter of game 1 and 2 Durant was well held Westbrook seemed to be looking to give him the ball but with S-Jax denying it he then would take it to the rim or force up a shot.

I too am a huge KD fan and want the Thunder to win it all but Durant's lack of shots come down to Kevin himself and the Spurs' defense more so than Westbrook I think.

Reply #364484 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

I just love Kobe haters

Name me one person playing like Kobe in their 16th year

Durant needs more than one lesson from the Mumba.

- scoring champ
- dunk champ
- NBA champ
- MVP
- finals MVP
- Allstar MVP
- all NBA first team
- Olympic gold medallist

Still averaging 29 5 and 4.5 in his 16th year

Speaks for itself. Durant is a star / scoring machine. He needs to learn a shitload from Kobe

Reply #364511 | Report this post

Cussa  
Years ago

Why you mad AirJordan? Doesnt sound like you love Kobe haters at all...

No one's hating on Kobe here. You're just an over-sensitive Kobe/Lakers fan. There's plenty of them out there, so dont worry. I'm sure Kobe's having an awesome time fishing somewhere in the world. Im not a Durant fan either, I hate the way he acts but you just need to take some chill pills and a swig of calm the heck down. Vent your Lakers nearly being swept frustrations elsewhere.

Reply #364518 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

Obviously a bit bitter there towards Durant and OKC after the knocked you out of the playoffs. But keep running with that theory that you had the best team in the league this season like World Peace thinks!

Reply #364530 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:27 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754