coachedd
Years ago

Pioneers sack another import

The Mount Gambier Pioneers have released import Paul Davis even with 16 points, 11 rebounds a game and their only inside presence.
Brad Hill played on the weekend in place of Davis.

Topic #28441 | Report this topic

Happy Days  
Years ago

He went back to the US to graduate and obviously something has happended since. Must be another hamstring injury.....hahhahhahahhah....

Reply #364757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and amazingly bring in the coach's son as a replacement

Reply #364766 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

Brad Hill's played 6 games this season already.

Reply #364768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Article

http://www.seabl.com.au/index.php?id=257&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=4700&cHash=1e15fef224

Reply #364770 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

and amazingly bring in the coach's son as a replacement
He's averaging 20 and 10 which is pretty decent.

Reply #364778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They don't have a center though

Reply #364780 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It read as though Hill was brought in because they could get him quickly. Maybe they aren't confident that they could get much better?

Reply #364794 | Report this post

triton  
Years ago

He was ranked 5th for the season for rebounds in seabl- 2nd import who was picked by the coach and sent home, these players leave there jobs, family to go to another country where they know nobody, if by there sacking they are not good enough shouldnt it be the person who is picking them be responsible.
They have only won 3 games all year?

Reply #364815 | Report this post

fastbreak  
Years ago

16 and 11 is not 20 and 10 but stats are not always a good way of judging a player. i would love to see what his opposition centre averaged whilst he was trying to play d. He was one of the worst imports i have seen in a while. great dunks but a basketball IQ of an under 12. Great decision by the coach and club.

Reply #364889 | Report this post

fastbreak  
Years ago

I apologise isaac i thought you were talking about davis with 20 and 10. you are right Brad Hill has done a good job for the team. He is a very good seabl player.

Reply #364890 | Report this post

tripple  
Years ago

Sometimes you can get 'token' stats which can make a average player look much better. I think with imports the number one quality you want them to have is they need to 'work hard' and this import simply didn't do that!! Great call by club.

Reply #364913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brad hill is a very good seabl player but doesnt fit into the team structure or what the team currently requires. If he were to stay and I would necesarrily be against but some of the others who have had cushy jobs for awhile would need to be released as they have to many players that play the same or similar positions. They would also need to recruit another 5 man if Brad was to stay.

The way Davis was treated by the club throughout his time in the Mount was appalling .Perhaps if the club wants more commitment they should show some themselves towards the player!! It works both ways.

Davis played injured in teh two road games last week when many would simply sit out and then gets told he is not committed. He missed the last games due to injury but would have been right to play the next game. If not committed he wouldnt have played injured when he still posted decent numbers.

I assume that the decision to realase him was also the coaches but yet the coach doesnt have the balls to tell him the news nor does he bother to even speak to the player for a considerable time after he was told he would be sent home, Im not confident that he even botehred to speak to him at all prior to him leaving the country, poor effort.

If the club continues to treat its players but more particularly its imports like this they may find it more difficult than it already is to convinve players to come to the Mount into the future.

It is also about time that the "click" that exists within the team is extinguished so that a TEAM can be formed and the wins will come. Lets just hope the import they have the moment is treated better as we finally have a good true point guard which the team has been lacking for sometime.

Interesting to note that the president says they are considering the options in one press release but then in an interview they are waiting for immigration and basketball Australia which would indicate that someone else is already signed. Again the fans being mislead and treated poorly but were expected to continue to turn up and cough up money, which I will continue to do but this sort of stuff needs to be fixed fast!

Reply #365007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bring back Kevin Smith and Ray de Wit......

Reply #365036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's very easy to judge from a distance, it sounds like they are trying to make a better environment and he obviously didn't have the right attitude, you can't forget that he wanted to go home half way through the season for a graduation, now that doesn't exactly show commitment does it?

Reply #365105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was for his own graduation which is a very big deal

Reply #365152 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

http://www.seabl.com.au/index.php?id=257&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=4737&cHash=1ada818e37

Reply #365202 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:30 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754