The_Champ33
Years ago

Corey 'Homicide' Williams in Australia

Haven't noticed it posted yet. Just noticed on twitter that Homicide is back Down Under and received a few welcome backs.

Made a joke that he and Gleeson are returning to the Crocs.

Anybody else have any info?

It's great to have him back Down Under and even more awesome if he plays with any NBL team. I've always enjoyed watching him personally.

Topic #28455 | Report this topic

rohant16  
Years ago

I'm a fan. Always liked what he brought to the league. Would like if he brought a jumpshot but then probably wouldn't be in the NBL to begin with!

Reply #365178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a wildcat supporter! I would love for him 2 come back! Just like wilkonson, nbl needs people n characters like that! Hope he joins a club!

Reply #365181 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

He's back in Australia for the 3x3 comp in Geelong (I think it's in Geelong..)

Reply #365185 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I re-call the Geelong tournament being mentioned a while ago.

Still while he's here and made the effort, some NBL clubs should jump and offer a return to this League for him.

Reply #365187 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I know he was/is meeting up with the Melbourne Tigers.. But is not necessarily a "try out" more of a catch up.

But i'd love to see him back!

Reply #365188 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Would be good to get him back in the league.

As another Wildcats fan, I do not think I have ever heard boo's louder haha, makes for a great atmosphere having someone on the other team the whole crowd gets stuck into.

Every story needs a villian, would fit well with the tigers!

Reply #365194 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

I think its more than just a catch up....

An offer will be put on the table.

Reply #365210 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Always thought that the Hawks should've tried him instead of Showron. Probably wouldn't solve all problems and might get offside with a few people, but at least you know what you'll get, he won't reach those $200k+ Crocs costs again, and you know crowds will like him. Bit of a chip on his shoulder and would he be a giant step down from Gary Ervin?

Reply #365217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is too old to run a team, the league is to fast and every possession is too important. He would need a jump shot in his arsenal to help create some space his quickness would be lacking these days. But safe enough option for a team that is so desperate i guess, just because they can say 'well he WAS the MVP' when fans get narky.

Reply #365221 | Report this post

boss  
Years ago

kings are bloody idiots i guarantee he would be better for them than corin henry

Reply #365231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course he would but Henry would be at least half the price.

Homicide would still be better than 90% of the imports in the league.

Reply #365234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Williams was great playing iin the SEABL, wasn't he.
Past it imo.

Reply #365239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As if he was going all out in a mickey mouse league like that!

Have you forgotten Homicide was equal 3rd in league MVP voting with the Tigers in 2011? He's only been out of the league for a year not 3-4 years or something, he'd still dominate.

Reply #365247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one to steal votes off him at tigers in 2011, he wasn't that good that year but he is still a good player, would fit very well with ballinger and kickert.

Reply #365249 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

um..

last season in Lebanon for Byblos : 24ppg, 6.3rpg, 2.0spg and 7.1apg
2011 with Tigers : 17.3ppg, 6.1apg and 6.8rpg

credit : andthefoul.net

I would say he would still have an impact for any team in the NBL

Reply #365254 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Will get the gig so they can rub Trevs nose it in!

Roll the dice .....

Reply #365255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you go to play SEABL and are trying to keep your NBL gig, and trying to get into the possible new Bullets franchise you wouldn't put in a half arsed effort like he did. He left the SEABL because he was made to look foolish.
Undoubtledly he can still play, but that effort was pathetic.

Reply #365258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@orbit: rub Trevs nose in it? Lol! He would love it if they sign Corey! They can have him.

Reply #365261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard he was only ever playing for the Spartans to try and gain citizenship as he was negotiating to re-sign with the Tigers at the time (hence the half-arsed effort). But once the Tigers signed Gleeson to be their new coach he quit the Spartans immediately and flew back to the US.

I mean come on he only played 3 games with the Spartans.

Game 1: 24p, 3s, 5t, 10/20 fg

Game 2: 9p, 8r, 8a, 6t, 3/13 fg

Game 3: 8p, 9r, 9a, 3s, 5t, 3/10 fg

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=194501909&client=1-3363-126349-148972-16891681

13.7ppg, 6rpg, 6apg, 2.7spg, 5.3topg @ 37% isn't exactly appalling.

Reply #365266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

16 t/o in 3 games. good stuff.
24, 9, and 8. Nope. Should be 24 every game, with his talent at that level.
Williams would never be eligible to be an Aussie. Too much time spent O/S.
Promote yourself by all means, be the best you can be at all times. It doesn't cut it for me.

Reply #365269 | Report this post

Leon  
Years ago

He is in Australia for the 3 x 3 event ran by the Geelong association.
What an amazing waste of his time for being here as that tournament has been cancelled due to poor enrollment today.
Knowing CW he will still be paid.

Reply #365271 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Touched down yesterday and the tournament is canned or postponed.

Homicide is receiving stacks of support on twitter from fans asking and hoping he rejoins the NBL somewhere.

Reply #365285 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

Homicide is exactly what the new Tigers want, and frankly need!

Reply #365350 | Report this post

AussieHoopla.com  
Years ago

We spoke to Homicide yesterday, full interview is at http://www.aussiehoopla.com/ or over on iTunes of course.

He had some pretty funny stories as usual and talked openly about wanting to return to the league, even about wanting to play for Adelaide 36ers

Reply #365378 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:52 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754