Happy Days
Years ago

Melbourne Tigers Director of Basketball Operations

Was wondering whether this position still exists seeing Anstey has moved into the Head coaching role.Why wouldnt you put Short into that role or has that role been made redundant already?

Topic #28456 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ofcourse it doesn't exist anymore. It was only created as a way to get Anstey into the organisation to do Gleeson's job until they worked out a way to bully him into leaving. That would actually be a great question to post to the Tigers directly to see what lame response they give you.

Reply #365182 | Report this post

@rangaMITCH  
Years ago

Mentioned in the press conference, Anstey will have his Director of Basketball duties as well Head Coaching duties. So effectively he has double the workload.

Reply #365189 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

what happened to giddey? did anstey fire him too?

Reply #365192 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I doubt it's literally double the workload. Did the position exist previously?

Reply #365197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not double the workload at all---no other team has a Director of Coaching people. It's what the head coach does. Pretty easy to see that role was created as a way of shafting Gleeson. I had to laugh listening to Gleeson on SEN yesterday when they asked him what he was going to do now, he responded "I hear the Tigers are looking for a Director of Basketball so I might apploy for that". Funny stuff.

Reply #365198 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Haha @ Gleeson's response. That's classic.

Reply #365205 | Report this post

S21  
Years ago

If the coach is having a rough trot who does he answer to? The mirror?

Reply #365209 | Report this post

J-MAC  
Years ago

Will he still be playing coach with Cambewell in Big V or will he have to leave them???

Reply #365213 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No other team has a director of coaching, but some teams will have a managerial role that has some overwatch of players and recruiting. e.g., Operations Manager in the past in Adelaide?

Reply #365216 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:08 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754