Isaac
Years ago

Thunder vs Spurs, Game 6

Strong start from the Spurs. What a series. Anyone dare to pick a winner for the series? Advantage to the Spurs if they get a Game 7 at home?

Topic #28463 | Report this topic

Port  
Years ago

I'll admit I gave Spurs only about a 20% chance of winning Game 6. Obviously there is a long way to go in this game but geez they've proven me wrong so far.

I always thought Spurs would take the series if there was a game 7 (back in SA) but after losing game 5 I thought the series would have been over after game 6.

Both these conference finals have been epic and the best is not over. I'm expecting Miami to get up tomorrow. Watch out for Lebron to put up some ridiculous figures tomorrow.

But yes, I'd have to say Spurs would be at advantage if there is a game 7 in SA.

Reply #365317 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Both the series are great, who would have thought they would evolve they way they did after two 2-0 starts. I'm thinking Celtics v Spurs, but I won't be putting money on it. Just enjoy the ride. (Unfortunately have no Fox and have to listen to it at work and follow game cast)

Reply #365318 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

The Heat fans could learn a lot from the OKC fans.

OKC were still cheering for their team even when they were down 16.

The Heat fans are so damn tense they forget to support their team.

Reply #365323 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Whether they win it all this year or not, with OKC only getting better, I am falling back on my original prediction when the Big 3 first got together: this team will win a grand total of zero titles.

Reply #365329 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Stephen Jackson is 6/6 from long range. Impressive.

Reply #365330 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

"I'm thinking Celtics v Spurs"

Make that Celts v OKC.

Reply #365336 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

That is an amazing effort from the Thunder. Durrant huge!

Now for the Heat to fade away tomorrow...

Reply #365338 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

If it's OKC/Miami finals, I get the feeling that OKC are going to give the Heat a lesson in the difference between putting a team together with effort and drafting, as opposed to a cheque book.

Reply #365342 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

Im no miami fan but if you had the cash would you have not got lebron too?
Remember miami have been pretty competitive and have tried hard all the way they just are top heavy and tried getting old guys to work but it didnt, who knows they may still win the NBA finals..

if miami took westbook or love in 2008 instead of beasley how different things would be.

GO OKC!!!! i think 90% of bball fans will now be going for OKC.

Reply #365349 | Report this post

MikefromtheK  
Years ago

Fuk Thunder!

Reply #365351 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Wow Thunder! We will get to see Mills play in Melbourne against Greece after all!

Reply #365356 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'm a Knicks fan and I'm supporting the Thunder in the Finals. West side.

Reply #365358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GO THUNDER GO!
WHOOP!
WHOOP!
WHOOP!

2012 NBA WESTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER

Reply #365360 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

@igotmadskills,

If I had the money to put a team together, I wouldn't pay for Lebron; because I don't think Lebron will ever get you a title.

Lebron puts butts in seats and makes your franchise money. He sells merch and he gets investors interested.

There's no doubt that he's the best basketball player on the planet; but one man doesn't net a team a title. I'd rather spend Lebron's salary on 2 high end role players to put around Wade and Bosh.

Reply #365385 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Genuinely depressed.

Reply #365403 | Report this post

Mr Durant  
Years ago

Quote from KET:

The Spurs have won their last 10/11 games against the Thunder, the Thunder need to win 4 out of the last 5 games to move onto the Finals. But to do that, they'll need to beat a Spurs team who have...

» Won 31 out of their last 33 matches
» Have not lost a match in 50 days (April 11th)
» Did not lose in the entirety of May
» Have won 20 in a row and counting
» Won 10 in a row and without a single loss in the playoffs, only three other teams have done so, the last being the Lakers in 2001

Do the Spurs even remember how to lose??

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I'm sorry it's nothing personal but that is some funny shit.

Who wouldve thought losing 4 straight would be so easy. Out hustled! Too old.

This is even better than a Sixers championship

Reply #365430 | Report this post

Port  
Years ago

Big Marty,

Lebron took a pay cut to go to Miami and off the top of my head his salary would probably make him the best bang for your buck All Star out there.

He's on $16 million apparentally.

Pau Gasol is on $18 million
Kobe is on $25 million
Carmelo is on $18.5 million.

$16 million is a bargain for Lebron. Forget Miami's big 3 (and not much else) scenario, imagine how many teams could benefit from scrapping 2 bad salaries and replacing it with Lebron for $16 million a year. Absolute bargain.

Reply #365433 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Listing the facts Mr Durant. Those facts still remain, just with the addition that OKC did manage to win the next four.

At least the Spurs lost to a copy-cat Spurs model, OKC. Under GM Sam Presti (former Spurs front office man) they've looked at a model that works and tried to emulate it, credit where it's due.

15-odd years of winning 70% of their games plus 4 championships is a pretty decent consolation.

Reply #365445 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Port,

I'm aware of what he is getting paid; but he gets more endoresements than any other player in the NBA; Telling me that he's sacrificed 3-4M to move to Miami means nothing. He probably just appeared in a Nike Soccer commericial for 3 seconds and got that money back.

The NBA is a business. Lebron makes you money, but he isn't going to win you a title. He's a great role player, but he still controls the ball as if he's the star player you want running the team.

Frankly, he's the best trade bait going and even if he is getting only 16M a year right now in Miami, he's worth about 25M in trade. That's 3-4 quality bench players and 2-3 Stars players.

Reply #365464 | Report this post

Port  
Years ago

Big Marty,

I completely agree that it barely affects his earnings overall, as I think he makes twice as much off the court as he does on it.

But bang for your back he's the most valuable All Star calibre player in the league, excluding those currently on rookie contracts (Kyrie Irving, John Wall etc).

He may be worth $25 mill in trade bait, but he's still worth more than that imo.

Wade would be better trade bate even if he's only worth his $15m salary in a trade. It's a tough call though as Wade is in the harts of alot of Miami fans.

Talking about LBJ, his stats today are quite ridiculous.

Reply #365471 | Report this post

Mr Durant  
Years ago

KET

I can appreciate what the Spurs have achieved but take away Parker/Westbrook and Ginobli/Harden the spurs are nothing like OKC. Totally different offence, OKC have Durant- the spurs have never had a 2 guard like him. The Spurs have fed off pick and rolls for 10 years. OKC run and gun up the floor just like the Heat. Any team with Tim Duncan is not run and gun.

Once again respect to the Spurs but the dream is over.

Reply #365473 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:42 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754