Avv
Years ago

Greek team for Farewell Series won't be A team?

The Greek team has just been announced for the Olympic Qualifying Tournament with their warm up matches also announced. Glaringly obvious is that these don't include the Farewell Series so I suspect a B team will be sent here for that...

http://www.talkbasket.net/6922-greek-squad-announced-for-pre-olympic-tournament.html

Greece national team friendly games schedule:

16/06: vs Russia (Kaunas)
17/06: vs Lithuania (Kaunas)
26/06: vs Brazil (Brazil)
27/06: vs New Zealand (Brazil)
28/06: vs Nigeria (Brazil)

Topic #28465 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

well that sucks.

Reply #365344 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

WTF?!?!

Reply #365359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please tell me no one seriously expected Greece to send their A-grade studs on a 24 hour flight for 3 games when they have fantastic competition within 1 hour from Greece??? They was never going to happen.

Reply #365367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

their comp is in brazil.

Reply #365370 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The Olympic Qualiying Tournament is in Venezuela.

Have BA been dudded or has BA dudded the public?

Reply #365375 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

A bit of both I reckon LC.

Reply #365376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

their warmup comp is in Brazil.

Reply #365377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes their tournament is in Venezuela. But if you still look at it simplistically it is much easier to play the 2 games in Europe and then fly directly to Brazil from Greece which is only a 12 hour 15 minute flight compared to 24 hours at least to Australia. Plus, with the exception of the Brazil games everyone else will be attending the qualifying tournament. Not a hard decision as to which way to go for me

Reply #365384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm led to believe by someone involved that it may actually be closer to a 'C' team!

Reply #365400 | Report this post

Very Very Old  
Years ago

No - will be a good team, apparently due to having a distant Greek ancestor, Scott Derwin will be able to suit up for the Greek team.

can't wait to see the games.

Reply #365484 | Report this post

Average_OKKA  
Years ago

When I mentioned this months ago I was laughed at. Good teams will not travel a whole day to play in Australia for friendly, especially when the tournaments they are preparing for are on the other side of the world! BA once again selling fans short. Argentina series all over again.

Reply #365516 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:42 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754