http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7Q5EzmRMUNY

Topic #28493 | Report this topic

Tassieballer  
Years ago

Big Dunk.... WOW

Reply #365832 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Wow impressive athleticism! why isn't he invited to the boomers camp as a long term prospect? at 6'6" and 19 years of age he seems to provide something the other juniors don't as a genuinely athletic swingman

Reply #365838 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

So you think he should be invited to Boomers camp because he did a dunk??!! okay then......

Reply #365842 | Report this post

RL  
Years ago

You don't get invited to the Boomers camp just because of potential - Thats what the AIS is used for.

Great dunk though!

Reply #365843 | Report this post

Tassieballer  
Years ago

If you look at the stats from this game he also shot 100% from the field. Not Boomer material now but will have a shot when his older!

Reply #365845 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Didn't he get a shot at the NBL this year? I swear i saw him play some garbage time with the Tigers..

Reply #365848 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Yeah he was with the Tigers last season.

I thought he was a Development player for them but he was definitely playing for them in Perth, which I thought development players could not play away games?

Reply #365850 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I am currently in Treviso following the Eurocamp, and he played a great game. So damn athletic, and from what I have heard his shooting game has improved dramatically.

On another note, I watched Evan Fournier's workout (who is tipped as the first international to be drafted in the draft).

Safe to say his workout was bemusing--very average. Looked disinterested and lacked intensity.

Here is some footage of the terrible workout:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLVv9QjzuaM

Reply #365857 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

@ KingJames No I'm not suggested he should be invited because he can dunk, but because he is a upcoming talented player who has represented Australia previously, and as MADCUP stated, I too have heard that the major flaw in his game, (his shooting and ball-handling) have improved dramatically.

Reply #365870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Owen was promoted to a full roster spot, following the Al Westover thing. All of the Tigers development players were, if I remember correctly?

Reply #365875 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

I attended the game and it was due to players out injured, Burston, Greer and possibly one other. It was this season with Gleeson coaching.

Reply #365881 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

He also played for the crocs during the preseason but didn't see the floor in any game. A good athlete with a nice size. Just needs to work on his ball handling and play more games... Needs a better "feel for the game"...

I would take him over several NBL players on potential alone...

Reply #365888 | Report this post

benno  
Years ago

his 19? will he play college?

Reply #365897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where can i find the box score to the game?

Reply #365899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has already played professionally

Reply #365900 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Odigie gave up his college prospects when he suited up and played for the Tigers...

Reply #365911 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Not necessarily. Could still play College, providing he was not paid.

In fact players can get paid. Enes Kanter got paid for playing for Fenerbache in Turkey.

The NCAA allows players to get paid basic 'living costs'.

However, Kanter got paid some $33,000 above what was considered his basic living costs, hence he was considered permanently ineligible.

With that being said, it may be more difficult for Odigie to get a scholarship as colleges try to stay away from players like that, as they hate dealing with eligibility matters.
UK only took on Kanter because he was arguably one of the biggest and best International college prospects ever.

Reply #365914 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

How did Gaze get into Seton Hall back in the day? Or have the rules changed since then...

Reply #366005 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

Rules changed alot since then

There making it abit easier now by allowing you to play with a professional team like Macdub said as long as you don't get paid above living costs. I think prior to last season any play with a professional team you were ruled out of the NCAA.

Reply #366009 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:24 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754