BJF
Years ago

Watch the Dream Team Doco

http://www.3030fm.com/2012/06/14/nbatv-dream-team-documentary/

Awesome doco with some great lines.

Fav was from Larry Bird on Chris Webber " If he is coming into the league I need to get out."

Topic #28517 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

Anyone seen 'The Association: Boston Celtics' on youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGbadP7cv30

Great series. Unbelievable. Stayed up from 2-5am watching it over and over.

Reply #366185 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I read about this Doco on twitter during my lunch break. Received plenty of compliments.

I hope to get a torrent copy or a good view online somewhere.

Reply #366186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geez. I wish people gave me compliments just for reading stuff on twitter during my lunch break!

Reply #366188 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

MACDUB, I agree - it's brilliant stuff.

It actually got me supporting the Celtics instead of hating them cos of Garnett.

Reply #366191 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

They talk about how previous American teams of college players were beaten by European sides, but surely these European sides were packed with professionals right?

Reply #366210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doco touches on that this was the end of the anomaly that allowed everyone outside the nba to be consider amateur

Always wondered how gaze played college with an amateur status

Reply #366218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this is the best thing ever.

the isaiah snub.
monte carlo.
jordan being alpha dog
laettner just being along for the ride
bird with a bad back
magic running the show
barkley being a fun guy.

probably the 'greatest team ever assembled in team sports"

Reply #366288 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

did enjoy the theme of "no one wants the college kid" when they scrimmaged

Magic " we gave him to the other team, we didn't need him"

The sub plot of Jordan assuming the mantle as the NBA #1 was very interesting and something I was unaware of at the time too. Magic not being prepared to give it up and he making Jordan take it from him was great.

Reply #366291 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Great doco.

I believe that Chuck Daly might've not helped with his coaching in that first game against the college guys (by the way, if the assistants weren't in the loop, what were they doing?), but it would still be an embarrassment for the Dream Team players to lose without head coaching help. For Mike Krzyzewski to suggest that the game was "thrown", in such a way that the college guys shouldn't be so proud of their win, is a bit insulting to the college kids. Even without any preparation and no coaching involvement, for a college group to beat a team as talented as that is a good effort deserving of some recognition, regardless of whether or not the Dream Team head coach wanted a loss.

Reply #366306 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

yeh i agree rjd. If theyre the greatest sports team ever assembled they cant blame the coach for not making the right moves against a bunch of teenage amateurs. Also despite the significance of that team, i felt the doco was still a bit overdone in terms of hype.

Reply #366492 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:35 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754