anon
Years ago

Friday scores for U16s

any friday scores for 16s,north boys by a bit,with a couple out.

Topic #28534 | Report this topic

Annon  
Years ago

Eagles over West by a bit

Reply #366486 | Report this post

under 18  
Years ago

west only lost by 7 with forestville having full team!

Reply #366493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Incorrect:

West 22, Forestville 53 (unless Sportingpulse is wrong)

Sturt, 35, Southern 36

No other results up yet.

Reply #366530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i mean under 18 girls div 1

Reply #366538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

southern played zone all game, poor way to play

Reply #366571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well u better learn to play it cos your under 18s at Sturt played it all game against Southern on Friday!

Reply #366572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and lost!!!

Reply #366575 | Report this post

Red Herring  
Years ago

Yes the U18 Sturt boys lost,

But they still have a State Championship Gold Medal and Classcis silver medal.

Reply #366576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Soft draw at classics

Reply #366578 | Report this post

Red Herring  
Years ago

Thats what you get for winning State Champs.

But maybe they had a soft draw there too huh?

Reply #366581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well by the looks of the ladder at the moment they did, only played top 4 teams in the finals, southern had the tougher draw having to play west, Norwood and forestville, plus had to travel all over the state!

Don't kid yourself about winning a 3 day tournament

Reply #366582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talking about Forestville, what's going on in the under 18s? Summer season finalist and now out of the four with three straight losses?

Reply #366583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aaaah Southern, good to hear from you. Obviously it's not finals time yet?

Reply #366588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You Southern clowns never learn. You are so desperate for success you grab at anything and then put down everyone else who acheives it through hard work. Seriously your club is going no-where and with what is coming through in your 10s and 12s, seems at the moment will be a good as it ever will get.

Reply #366591 | Report this post

Red Herring  
Years ago

Actually looking at the results at Classics Sturt had a harder pool.

Their pool finished 2nd, 5th, 11th and 14th. ave; 8th
Southern pool finished 4th, 6th, 9th and 16th ave; 8.75th

And looking at State Champs, Sturt had to play an extra round game to Southern.

But feel free to keep making excuses and praising the victories when it dosent matter.

Reply #366601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt had a soft draw? They beat the 5th team (by 24), the 6th team (by double figures), and the bronze medalists in a semi by 22.

Nothing like the West draw, featuring the worst 2 top 8 teams and 13th placed finisher.

I wouldn't say a pool with 2nd, 5th, 12th, 14th is particularly soft.

Doesn't seem like a coincidence Sturt win state champs & come 2nd at nationals, all due to soft draws. Maybe they're just better than you?

Reply #366603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fact: Sturt had a kid who was a shoe in to make an australian team. Now can't even make a squad.

Southern have have the only sa kid in the Australian squad.

Where has the player development occured????

The amount of amazing sturt players have that are guns at 16s then fall off the charts is signficiant.

Sturt don't develop players, it's a total myth, they whittle them away and hopefully if there is something by the time the finish juniors they can actually salvage themselves.

Reply #366604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they werent better friday night!!

Reply #366605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sturt won 3 div 1 games and southern won 3 div 1 games friday night, would seem to me like there isnt a huge gap between the two clubs

Reply #366606 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Sturt 16 boys lost to southern friday ?They seem a bit off at the moment .Norwood are better than their table position .North are still winning with top players out for past month.Sets up a good finals series with southern the big improver I reckon.

Reply #366608 | Report this post

Red Herring  
Years ago

Let me see now, where to start.

NBL/International players;

Southern 2 - Sturt 9

WNBL/International players;

Southern 1 - Sturt 7

Thats could be the development argument over.

As for Friday night. Great job winning the week it doesnt count for anything. Soooooo Southern.

Reply #366610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Red Herring are you one of those people that think they know lots about basketball because they are involved at Sturt?? 

i am guessing you are one of the many assistant coaches?

2 assistant coaches and still cant win, maybe roll up with a few more next time

Reply #366612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mark bradtke, schenscher, ingles, brogan, that = 4 players

Reply #366614 | Report this post

Red Herring  
Years ago

Current.

Reply #366616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt players/parents/supporters are very defensive today! Anyone would think they had a bad weekend...oh wait...THEY DID!!!

Reply #366620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They were probably weighed down by their medals from state champs and classics.
Sturt and Forestville = the only teams to win something this year.

Reply #366621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Herring you claiming Mavs and Woodville players and Daly doesn't count either

Reply #366622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So, with your Australian player, you have lost 2 GF's already this year. The first one to a depleted Forestville team and the second at State Champs.

Interested in excuses, I mean reasons for these losses? Surely must be someone else's' fault.

Reply #366623 | Report this post

Red Herring  
Years ago

Actually, I didnt count D Ng cause he is a woodville junior. But Hill is a Sturt junior.

Reply #366625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't think any excuses made just making sure they improve

Reply #366626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can someone post Southern fantastic results in the last 6-7 years and also STurt shit results... I am sure Southern's will be so much better.

Reply #366631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol......someone get me a kleenex. Like giving it out but cant take it when the worm turns.
If the arrogance didnt come through from all and sundry week in,week out the lost would go un-noticed, but oh no.....only sturt know how to develop players, only sturt can get you into sasi and state teams, only sturt can get you considered for australian teams and colleges.....at some stage people are going to stop feeding on that crap

Reply #366633 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

sturt or forestville you mean

Reply #366635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought North also medalled at the classics in girls. Not just Sturt and Foretville. Did Forestville medal something?

Reply #366636 | Report this post

Sturt do develop the occasional player, but then if they FAIL they approach {poach} better kids from other clubs to form their super teams so they don't have any competition in normal seasons.

Please come to our club, if you do we will give you free uniforms,no fees and a better path for your career in basketball oh and to top it off a better chance of making state

If you want to coach and we think you maybe ok at that you are welcome too and we will play your kids in Div 1 even if they aren't that good, but thats ok we have poached enough good players to carry them

Reply #366640 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

you kids should just meet after school and bitchslap each other .

Reply #366641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would love to mention the names of the countless players that were gun u16s playing for sturt, with teh genetics to succeed, identified as been australian prospects, that drop out by the age of 20 bitter and twisted about the game they once loved.

The ones that make, make it despite their club but there's countless that are ruined.

Reply #366642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they're over 18 now they can be named right? Go ahead...

I love it when people try to justify how successful clubs do a poor job.

Reply #366644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously, do you actually understand that basketball is a tournament sport? U14 Nationals, State Champs, U16 Nationals, U18 Nationals, U20 Nationals, U17 Worlds, U19 Worlds, World Uni Games, Commonwealth Games, Olympics.

So what we se here is the pathway for junior basketballer's is in tournament play and a failure for people to understand that kids need to learn to perform when it matters. Friday night games are for development, tournaments are there to tech kids how to win.

It’s this type of ignorance that's put your players behind the 8 ball when state champs and classics come around.

Are you saying Sturt have had a soft draw the last 7 years at State Champs in U18's? Cos they have Yeah, must be dumb luck that.

So to elaborate, Sturt had a soft draw this year. They played 1 extra game, does that count? And what happened in the GF, was that part of the soft draw? Oh that's right, Southern lost another important game. So the count is 2 form 2 lost GF's, both with your AUS kid.

Reply #366649 | Report this post

Years ago

Not to mention Sturt havning won 7 out of 8 Champion Club awards. How many of thoise have Southern won?

Reply #366660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

all this means so much to so few, so change your nappies and dream about what's it like to be a grown up

Reply #366661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't see the NBA playing in a tournament!!

Reply #366665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't watch the Olympics of World Champs then.

Lots of NBA players there.

Reply #366677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah you are right. The finals series with best of's aren't really a mini tournament are they? Its not soccer, at all levels of basketball they play a 'best of' Finals series.

What about Euro League or the Euro Cup?

Are you close to getting the point yet?

Reply #366709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are these 'tournament' people serious??? Get a life! It's a season!

I heard the premiership in AFL doesn't count cos it's not played over a tournament!

Go back to your Jeep club!

Reply #366764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pre season tournament counts, so that makes the crows this years premiers

dont worry about the rest of the season

Reply #366769 | Report this post

The Blue Mile  
Years ago

I would think that a Preseason tournament and a State Championship would be a different kind of tournament.

But hey, keep winning those unimportant Firday night games, and we will just keep on taking home the trophies/medals.

Reply #366786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this taken from BSA website:

KEY OPERATIONAL ACTIVITIES

COMPETITION AND TOURNAMENT MANAGEMENT

District Basketball
Central ABL
State Junior Championships

Note where the State Championships rank for them!!

Reply #366790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow, are you serious? We are talking about pathways for junior baskeballers and you bring up AFL?

You make me laugh, thanks.

Reply #366791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can't really blame Southern for being jealous of Sturt and Forestville, after all, they've actually won something this year.

Reply #366792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Note where the State Championships rank for them!!"

Sorry, have you missed the last 2000 posts about how inept BSA have been over the years?

By all means, take your advice from them.

Reply #366795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA inept

because they let your club POACH players

Reply #366797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who won Friday night?

Reply #366798 | Report this post

The Blue Mile  
Years ago

Not our fault you guys are so bad kids leave left, right and centre.

Hell, your last presidents kid went to Woodville. But I'm sure that its our fault for that as well.

Might want to have a look at the number of kids from other clubs that have gone through your U18 girls program over the last couplf of years...But I guess thats not poaching, they just wanted to ploay for you and you tried to turn them away.

Reply #366800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they came to their senses!!

Reply #366807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

playing Southern girls is like a UFC basketball game, at least Vic refs worked them out..
and we were glad to see the back of them.. on there way back south

Reply #366820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did your Sturt Under 18 girls go at classics.

oooops I forgot they did not make it.

Reply #366823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last comment = WINNER

Gets a new 4WD

Reply #366834 | Report this post

Very Very Old  
Years ago

There was a topic recently where someone asked why SA was no sucking so badly at the nationals level in respect to Vic , and now even NSW and (sometimes ) QLD.

this thread is the answer to that question.

There was a time where 40-55% of the national junior teams (male or female) chosen/selected out of a national championship week were SA players EACH year , EACH age group.

Now you have "successful" local junior clubs claiming victory over having 4-6 "current" international players - how absolutely pathetic.

your NBL coaching staff are made up up Tasmanians, and you have to get a bloke out of Queensland to coach at the WNBL level after a Vic coach failed the season before.

SA Basketball - winning the race to the bottom

Reply #366855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just as good as both Southerns U16 teams.

Reply #366863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which beat Sturt on Friday night!!!!!

Reply #366864 | Report this post

MikefromtheK  
Years ago

No dunks no care.

Reply #366929 | Report this post

The Blue Mile  
Years ago

And it will still not matter to anyone that they did.

Reply #366936 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Don't have any fondness for Sturt and love nothing better than to kick their arse, but you really have to admire their success over the past few years.
Gives other clubs something to strive for and 'hate' them more

Reply #367012 | Report this post

Years ago

troll away punters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=DRMBxnxWiNQ

Reply #367017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

very very old, it's an interesting observation but should go further, the whole junior program is tired with the same heads promoting more often than not the wrong cattle.
You need to weed the garden that BSA has grown and put in new growth because our delivery of the elite programs is dysfunctional and so narrowly led further slides in performance are guaranteed.
The district scene is worse with it being a good social level at best, supported by self concerned clubs whose care factor for basketball success nationally is minimal.
Of the clubs that make up BSA many don't have nor look likely to have a full compliment of teams across the ages and from Youth League programming to Friday night games the future is dour for women's continuation in the sport.

Reply #367038 | Report this post

Dione  
Years ago

So who is the right cattle? And how do you 'prove' they are the right cattle.

Which clubs are you talking about? Are you suggesting that the dominant clubs or the weaker clubs dont care nationally?

Reply #367049 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

There are two major problems with juniors .
1,exposure .there is not enough of it for kids to want to emulate their basketball heroes .The afl/soccer and now netball know how to do it.
2,the cost.It is really out of the average punters reach if they have 2 or more kids playing.you have fees,entry fees for the families ,uniforms ,shoes,carnivals here and interstate ,camps,and the great one-training fees?Not to mention fuel costs?Add it up for the year ,you will be horrified if you have multiple kids.
I think there should be only one season and a grading period prior to the start.Similar to the vic setup.Bsa should trial it,wouldnt hurt.

Reply #367093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Soccer???? Not sure there mate...

As for costs...so true! How much are the average fees per season? Where does that money go?

Reply #367176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

093 anon.. I am with you there..I have 2 children and have a lot of traveling. With country and city commitments, if they weren't both showing great potential in their particular areas, both div 1. I would be doing other things with my money like eating paying of the house...lol well not quite that bad but its getting there. I rob Peter to pay Paul many weeks. Maybe I should leave the country and come back on a boat I may get assistance.

Reply #367180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fees go to court hire. I know our club spends $100k on stadiums each year.

Reply #367185 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Most united games are well patroned,the last world cup qualifier for oz was crazy.All east coast socceroos matches are sold out 60 thousand plus,and they're lucky to score .go figure .
I never have the patience for this,I like high scoring games like ours.That is the most frustrating thing,we have the product ,but not the support maybe?Doesnt that show with government grant withdrawals.Is this an indictment of bsa and their vote of no confidence in this sport ?I hope their is change soon.

Reply #367190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 clubs in the a league have already gone broke! Adelaide united have needed to be bailed out! The socceroos are full of European players aged well into their 30s! Game attendances are at an all time low in a league! Player development is not as good as you think.....go figure!

Reply #367191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Compare soccer figures to AFL and they do not even rate, If it wasn't for a couple of billionaires soccer would be dead in this country.

Reply #367221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball does not have the following to ever cut costs and will always drain wallets. Basketball runs dead last in value for money and career opportunities

Reply #367276 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

#276 having a bad day are we? Any sport that involves interstate travel costs a lot. Basketball doesn't require you to transport much in the way of equipment.

Most sports getting to SASI level involve travel. At least with basketball you can get good competition interstate without travelling overseas. Unlike athletics or swimming where atheletes can train against the clock, team sports need competition against quality opposition to benchmark performance and to improve.

Basketball does require large stadiums which are expensive to purchase and have significant running costs. However, for some reason stadiums are easier to fund in Melbourne than in Adelaide. We have ended up with the only four court stadiums 30 minutes north and south of the city. In Melbourne a four court stadium is small.

Find a way of building more courts and the sport will grow - it can't grow without them

Reply #367307 | Report this post

mimas  
Years ago

DaddyO - are you OK champ? #276 actually made some valid points. Calm down and read it without so defensive. Hey, I love this game, but the points are fair.

Reply #367325 | Report this post

foul line  
Years ago

post 367038 (refering same heads) its ashame you remain anonymous, you make great points and it is a time for change, just need to look at sassi and state level not much has changed in results in the last 10 years. look at junior Div 1 nights now a shambles with teams playing all over adelaide instead of a standard home and away. WAKE UP MAKE CHANGE FOR THE BETTER OF THE SPORT...

Reply #367383 | Report this post

foul line  
Years ago

post 367038 (refering same heads) its ashame you remain anonymous, you make great points and it is a time for change, just need to look at sassi and state level not much has changed in results in the last 10 years. look at junior Div 1 nights now a shambles with teams playing all over adelaide instead of a standard home and away. WAKE UP MAKE CHANGE FOR THE BETTER OF THE SPORT...

Reply #367384 | Report this post

Juno  
Years ago

Why is home and away necessary?

The Vic and NSW system which are producing the best results do not use a home and away system!

Reply #367391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Juno you need to do some research

Reply #367408 | Report this post

europa62  
Years ago

#408, Juno is on the ball. There is no such thing as "Div 1 night" in Vic ball. In any case, what is everyone on about? Div 1 night still exists. The only exceptions are u12 and 16 girls, who are in 8 team comps. The only way to fix this is to have a double bye. What would be the point of that? Honestly, if BSA-bashing was an Olympic sport, we'd have a stack of contenders for gold right here on Hoops.

Reply #367420 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Is this supposed to be about scores? or just another general session?

Reply #367424 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Looking at the season so far (ie up to R9) for Div 1 and 2 boys and girls.

North 30/36 wins (83%)
Forestville 35/45 wins (78%)
Sturt 37/54 wins (69%)
Norwood 25/45 wins (56%)
Mavs 18/36 wins (50%)
Tigers 21/36 wins (40%)
West 13/36 wins (36%)
Centrals 9/36 wins (25%)
South 4/27 wins (15%)
Woodville 3/27 wins (11%)

Great effort by North

Reply #367427 | Report this post

Pallas  
Years ago

Jack you must be on crack.

North arent even close to those numbers.

Theirr 18 boys have lost more than 6 games by themselves.

Reply #367431 | Report this post

Juno  
Years ago

Please enlighten me!

Reply #367432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack did u just throw some numbers out for fun or we you being serious? If you were being serious you're absolutely kidding yourself! How does 21/35 = 40%?

Reply #367433 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

It's u16. There's also a draw

Reply #367434 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

For Southern it's 14W, 1D from 36 U16 games played.

Reply #367459 | Report this post

Pallas  
Years ago

All those wins for North but 0/2 in the stat that matters... State champs wins!

Though I will say well done to their girls. Medalling at Classics is a great effort, especially after the state champs disappointment.

Reply #367461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Easier to win in an Under 16 competition when two players are almost certainly over 18.

Yet still can't win a GF

Reply #367465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hit up the stats for 18s jack!

Reply #367476 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

U18's boys and girls, Div1 and 2 only (drawn games included in win% only)

Sturt 35/42 (85%)
Forestville 34/51 (67%)
Mavs 11/17 (65%)
North 21/42 (50%)
West 12/25 (50%)
Norwood 24/60 (48%)
South 10/26 (38%)
Woodville 9/24 (38%)
Western 1/9 (11%)
Centrals 2/25 (10%)

Well done to Sturt. Norwood have the most teams and have done well to maintain a win % around par (50 %).

If this was the par 5 at Grange (hole 1), Sturt would have recorded an Albatross, Forestville & Mavs would have birdies, North, West, and Norwood on in 5, South and Woodville one over and Centrals stuck in the sand trap or wetland hazard.

Reply #367484 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Trying to find the Friday night scores for Under 16 in amongst this other banter...

Reply #367486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

24/60 = 48%???? U must be on crack jack!!!

What's southern in 18s? Anon above, if u want u16 scores start your own thread!!! ;)

Reply #367622 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:12 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754