Anonymous
Years ago

Boomers feature on 7.30 on ABC tonight

The boomers will be the main feature of the show 7.30 on ABC1 tonight for those interested. I'm sure you can work out what time it is on.

Topic #28565 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

ummm... 9.20?

Reply #367066 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I think 7.30 Report also gets replayed later on tonite on ABC2.
Anyways , good to see a bitta Boomers camp and an interview with Mills , so far on the scenes to it.

Reply #367067 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Any exposure is better than nothing...will be tuning in tonight...

Reply #367071 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

It will be interesting to see Australian basketball covered by real journalists and not just an inside job or a fluff piece.

Reply #367080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Calling Chris Uhlmann a real jounalist is perhaps stretching things a touch Mick ;)

Reply #367128 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Was speaking in generalities since I didn't know who was doing this piece, but the 7:30 report is a cut above the journalistic integrity of most outlets that cover Australian basketball.

Still remains to be seen whether this is just a "go boomers" fluff piece or a serious bit of journalism.

Reply #367154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Go Boomers, so reckon you can finally win a medal this time?" fluff piece I would think.

Reply #367157 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

I expect a full breakdown and analysis of the reasons why the boomers have failed to achieve in recent years, starting with a poor selection and development of squad and the offensive team structure, anything less will be disappointing...jokes aside any exposure and coverage the boomers get is a plus given the state of basketball coverage in Australia.

Reply #367160 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

was it on?

Reply #367166 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Haha the report didn't air at all, after all the ads. Canned.

I think that in itself is a better "report" on the state of Aussie ball than any actual piece could have portended...

Reply #367167 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

That's half an hour I'll never get back. Thanks ABC.

Reply #367168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It got "canned" because of the unfolding events off the Indonesian coast re asylum seekers. News programs like 7.30 are generally expected to cut into regular programming to bring breaking news. Hopefully they play the story on Monday.

I'm not sure if anyone watches "Contact Sport" on ABC News24 but they have run a fair few stories about basketball in Australia (Boomers mostly). I've actually been surprised by how many stories they've done given the mainstream media's treatment of the sport. I suspect either the host or someone involved with the show is a hoops fan

Reply #367170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The boomers will be the main feature of the show 7.30 on ABC1 tonight for those interested

Uh, no Peg.

Reply #367173 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

hehehehehehehehehehe

Reply #367182 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

They advertise it , and just don't show it .
You can lack honesty and not even know it.
Thirty minutes can be like an eternity ,
watching a show that doesn't even appeal to me.

Reply #367214 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

This report is going to be on tonight after it got canned last week.

Reply #367734 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

" Coming back here to a low profile sport , now .
Was in a boom , butta
sport that disappered by going off FTA TV. "

Reply #367809 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Caught a bit of it by luck last night.

Reply #367857 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Missed it...any good?

Reply #367872 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

The story can be watched online at http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/962757.

The Boomers piece kicks off at the 22:34 minute mark.

Reply #367875 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:11 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754