what the
Years ago

Your tip for State Champs

lets talk it up - who is your tip for what grades.

I would say Sturt is looking very good this year for overall club.

U18 state girls will be fantastic - there seems to be up to 5 or so teams that could win it on the day

u14 girls state will be -

North or Sturt

Topic #2860 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

I'm thinking Sturt to take out most Divs.

Reply #32500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

12 Boys and Girls Sturt
14 Boys West
14 Girls North
16 Girls North
16 Boys Eastern
18 Boys Southern
18 Girls West
21 Girls Norwood
20 Men Southern

I don't see that much sturt.

Reply #32519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon, that's quite comprehensive, are you able to flesh it out a little? Tell us why you think these teams will win, what you based it on? etc etc.

Reply #32521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I will do a report on each grade and try and have it on here by the end of the day.

Reply #32528 | Report this post

Lucius Sweet  
Years ago

Don't know enough about the girls side of things but my predictions for the boys would be.

12 Boys - Sturt

14 Boys - West/Norwood (Sturt apparently have lost a tall)

16 Boys - Extremely even comp, with those top seven teams all a chance, would probably go with West though. Norwood as a smokey.

18 Boys - Southern/Sturt/Forestville
Southern & Forestville are the two best teams, but if Dodman plays Sturt will win.

20 Boys - Don't see enough 20's games to say. Looking a the ladder though seems like an extremely even comp with everyone except Centrals, Eastern & Sturt.

Reply #32566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know about everyone else but I'd like to see RJ's review again this year ;) ....

Reply #32591 | Report this post

get involved  
Years ago

last year there was some massive write-ups, and everyone was getting involved weeks before tip off. This year we are only 9 days away and we have had next to no coverage. Pump it up people.

Reply #32632 | Report this post

insider  
Years ago

how bout the 16's state teams

they close to being picked?

should we be expecting a strong squad??

Reply #32648 | Report this post

np  
Years ago

18 boys 1s: West will be strong as well as southern. Sturt if they gel well as a team with dodman back will be a contender and with the country boys down for fville, they will be a darkhorse. Woodville are overated and wont go that far.

18 boys 2's: Fville will dominate. Sturt are tipped to be the next contender but fville were 20 pointes clear last time they played. South will impress and so will north.

18 Boys 3's: North and South will be the main contenders in the grandfinal as a repeast of summer season.

Reply #32652 | Report this post

Jedi Mind Tricks  
Years ago

u12B
contenders:
Sturt
West
Southern
South
Mavs
final: Sturt def West
dark horse: Forestville

u12G
contenders:
Sturt
Forestville
Southern
final: Sturt def Forestville
dark horse: Southern

U14B
contenders:
West
Norwood
Sturt
final: Norwood def West
dark horse: Sturt

U14G
contenders:
North
Sturt
Forestville
Centrals
Southern
final: North def Sturt
dark horses: Southern, Centrals

U16B
contenders:
West
South
Sturt
Mavs
Norwood
North
final: West def Sturt
dark horses: South, Mavs

U16G
contenders:
North
Norwood
West
Woodville
Eastern
final: North def West
dark horse: Norwood

U18B
contenders:
Southern
Sturt
Woodville
West
Forestville
final: Souther def Sturt
dark horse: Forestville

U18G
contenders:
Forestville
North
Norwood
Mavs
Sturt
West
final: North def Forestville
dark horse: Mavs

Don't see enough U20/21's to make comment.

Boys: Sturt or West depends on finals.
Girls: North

Overall: North or Sturt ????

Reply #32663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

u/20's mens...Very close contest, all except 3 teams in with a shot. Southern is looking strong, as are improvers West and South. Woodville have the summer and easter title's so they must be doing something right. Look for norwood to be the darkhorse of the carnival, they may suprise some on-lookers. North will perform as always, and may make the finals but shouldn't go all the way.

Reply #32674 | Report this post

RJ  
Years ago

Seems I'm not needed this year.

Having a look on here there are plenty of people willing to share their opinions. :-)

Reply #32677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

RJ, we've been waiting to hear from you. Give us your picks...

Reply #32694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

np the 18 boys 3 grade will have 2nd forestville and sturt teams from div 2, sturt being the better team at the moment

Final four should be

Sturt, North, southern forestville

By the way the grand final was between North and southern

Reply #32767 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

U18 3 WILL BE A GRAND FINAL BEWEEN STURT2 AND NORTH1. iT WILL BE A CLOSE ONE AS NORTHA ARE SIXTEEN GAMES UNBEATEN FROM LAST SEASON.

Reply #32803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No mention of Forestville in 16b, lost to West on the buzzer and beat south. With a full side I believe they have a chance

Reply #33009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The lack of an U21 State team from North has pretty much ensured Sturt of the Girls State trophy. Pretty disappointing from one of the biggest and strongest clubs in SA that they couldn't put a team together for one weekend.

Reply #33062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think Sturt are a sure thing in 21s. Norwood Southern Sturt and Forestville

Reply #33063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

are north allowed to put in a team?......

Reply #33403 | Report this post

South20  
Years ago

Anonymous, the one that picked Eastern to take out the U16 boys. You havent got a clue!
South defeated Eastern by 50 points and South finished 5th. What does that say about Eastern!
U16 Boys
1st West Adelaide
2nd North Adelaide
3rd Sturt Sabres
4th Norwood Flames
5th South Adelaide
9th/10th Eastern Maverics
WHO TIPPED THEM AS THE DARK HORSE AGAIN???
West were always going to take it out but narrowly beating South by 3 pts and losing to North in the final round robin game, their chances were fading.
Sturt seemed to have gone downhill since end of summer and not surprising they came 3rd!
Once again South missed out on a finals spot by
3pts !!!!!
Such a close competition

Reply #36726 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:24 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754