benno
Years ago

Patty situation

Will he go free agent? In my opinion he'd be silly to stay, as the spurs are getting 2 euroleauge players back this year and this will push his minutes down even more..Or could he be a draft day trade?

Topic #28606 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think you'll find he turned down spurs offer for next season already so say he has a guarantee somewhere else.

Reply #367974 | Report this post

benno  
Years ago

Thats terrific news! would like some proof though. Honestly saw this coming

Reply #367975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not sure who his manager is, although I'm hoping he gets good advice and makes a sound choice.

Its hard to talk in what coulda beens although its easy to wonder how his career may have turned out if he played another year at St Marys and not come out in that pg heavy class or not signed the china deal.

I really think he can play a role for the right team so I hope he finds it.

Reply #367982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The proof is no athete will turn down that sort of money without a guaranteed better offer somewhere else. Mills simply isnt good enough to be turning down $1mil + simply because he or his agent 'think' they have a better chance of landing a decent deal elsewhere.

Reply #367987 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I don't know, Anon, he's made some pretty silly choices in the past, so I wouldn't just be assuming things...

Reply #368007 | Report this post

Average_OKKA  
Years ago

Usually, and I use this loosely with Patty, most agents tell their client to opt out if they have received a promise from another club. USUALLY. This is Patty we are talking about so who knows.

Reply #368061 | Report this post

bandy  
Years ago

Seeing his interview on grandstand yesterday (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-06-26/grandstand-tuesday-june-26/4094512 @ about 10 minutes in) I think Patty sees his future with the Spurs. The talk about opting out of his player option might mean he's close to a longer deal (3 or 4 years at slightly above the min) with them.

But yeah nothing would surprise me...

Reply #368100 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:44 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754