Anonymous
Years ago

Kristina K (BA CEO) on SEN

Just heard an interview with Kristina on SEN, mentioned the digital rights and that the NBL plans to have camera's, commentary etc at all games so fans can watch, sort of like a NBL production company as it was phrased by the interviewer.

Sounds great if this happens, looks like us fans may finally be able to see every game (hopefully free) between One HD and the internet.

Topic #28610 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Well I hope to see the return of the Brisbane Bullets under her power too.

Reply #368035 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

If the NBL could somehow afford to have their own production team covering every game that would be awesome. Wouldnt be free tho. It's a very loooong shot on a subscriber model let alone for FTA. If there was ever a subscription model along the lines of NBA league pass I'd fork out for it up to maybe $150 for a full season + playoffs.

Reply #368039 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Might be wrong, but I don't think they'd make enough from selling access to fans to warrant setting up and maintaining the paywall. Might be better off just covering the cost and encouraging as many as possible to watch, having sponsors chip in or handling it all and asking clubs to pay in order to push a sponsor-cobranded version to their fans.

The 36ers already film non-televised games to a decent enough standard that they could be streaming or making available for download.

Reply #368043 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

should get your teams away games included with a season pass and if you want other games then pay from there.

Reply #368045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly for teams like the 36ers who already film the games at a good quality, all they would need to do is get a couple of commentators, could even ask someone like Maher or Smyth?, and put it online and fans will be happy.

Do most teams film games like this? If so the NBL, is half way there without any extra expense, all they would have to do is get a commentary team for each game and get iinet to put it online in there freezone.

Very achievable imo, aslong as iinet or someone similar is willing to stream it like they have done for Boomers games for an affordable amount.

Reply #368049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree. Drive up viewers wit ha free product and sell sponsors to cover the cost of upgrading the cameras clubs use a little bit.

Reply #368051 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

igotmadskills, then you're having to geo-restrict games as well as handle the paywall. Hassle might not be worth the potential income. Benefit of opening to everyone is that more people appreciate seeing the game, newcomers can check it out for free, more people see on-court sponsorship and so on.

Anon, I wouldn't even bother with name-commentators unless they were cheap. Last time games were streamed out of Adelaide, one of the commentators was someone who posts on here but who'd never previously played professionally, doesn't work in or around basketball and just knows how to discuss a game and is passionate about the game.

You could even just skip commentary and leave it as stadium noise and have text chat beside it.

Simpler it is, the more consistently they should be able to get it going and maintain it, rather than the chop and change we've seen before.

Reply #368055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Local production crews to film perhaps with a grant from nbl to cover costs - and get some local ex nbl players to call the games
A guy like soup to call the gong games for example would provide a great insight

I like the potential to offer cost effective sponser pakages as part of the internet feeds during the game

Reply #368094 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

How much would you be willing to pay to watch all of your teams games + playoffs?

Reply #368232 | Report this post

Maxine Fowle  
Years ago

$5 a game. $50 for all my team's games. $100 for entire league pass

Reply #368244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd be prepared to pay around $150 for access to every game for the season.

Reply #368251 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I just hope she doesn't put too much effort into women's basketball, like she has been talking about, when men's basketball really needs the majority of the focus for the next couple of years.

Australian women's ball is in an enviable position for any women's sport: free to air tv deal, great following and great athletes are being produced with truly world-class players coming out of Australia over the last ten years or so

Men's basketball isn't in such a great position , comparitively...

Reply #368394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone think she is hot ?

Reply #368410 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Reply #368420 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I know I seen that face somewhere , maybe down in Mexico , or in Aegentina .
Searching high , searching low , searching everywhere I know . Asking the cops wherever I go : 'Have you seen Kristina.'
I walked along thru the shakey street , listening to my heart beat , to the tune of a concertina.
Down the highway , down the tracks , the deputy sheriff of the jail comes along to deliver my subpoina.
I lit out for parts unknown , and joined the travelling circus . Love at first sight as I entered the arena .
Seems there's an angel flying too close to the ground.
Aw oh ! Kristina !!

Reply #368593 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:41 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754