Aussie
Years ago

Jawai to the Spurs?

I came across this article stating that Jawai worked out for the spurs a few weeks ago.Is he any chance?
http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2012/06/27/3534085.htm?site=farnorthµsite=§ion=sport&date=%28none%29

Topic #28616 | Report this topic

skull  
Years ago

dunno,but i am going to watch him on saturday night playing for the marlins.

Reply #368116 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Apparently there's a Brown & Jawai beef about something.. So i don't like his chances.

Reply #368118 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

I think Jawai will be starting centre for the spurs next season, with Duncan coming off the bench...lol

I would be great if the went to any NBA team esp. the spurs, but most likely to head back to euroleague somewhere warmer than russia.

Reply #368122 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

He says he plans on playing 6 or 7 games for the Marlins hopefully that includes Cairns game against GC rollers on the Gold Coast next month, would be good to see him play.

Reply #368125 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

he is playing this saturday night for marlins in cairns....i already have my tickets.

Reply #368127 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

enjoy the game, hopefully he dominates and dunks all over the place

Reply #368131 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

I think this whole Brown/Jawai beef thing is a myth.

I heard Jawai took himself out of Boomers process.

Reply #368143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai took himself out of the aussie team to try out with nba teams thats why

Reply #368145 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Wow Skull u sure sound excited for Saturday night! I hope u get to enjoy a few beers with your mates & someone else drives!!

Reply #368222 | Report this post

Venom  
Years ago

Heard its a virtual sell out already - first in a long while for a QBL game.

Reply #368250 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

the big fella certainly has a presence when he's in the building.
he got a truck load of rebounds but mostly looked frustrated as the Gladstone team zoned up every time he subbed in.....a couple of big dunks to keep the crowd in it though.

it was a good night at the old 'fish tank',heaps of kids playing on the other courts....local products Jawai(playing) and Olympian Aron Baynes in the crowd.

A proud night for Cairns Basketball as they showed off their hard work....clearly on display in the building last night was the obvious 'local' pathway to basketball eliteness that they have created.

Reply #368519 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:55 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754