Degenerate
Years ago

This Week's Promo

Cool promo Isaac top job, you put everything in their as usual

Good Work!

Topic #2862 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it's a little too plain this week, no offence Isaac but with the whole "eastside" vs "westside" surely there were more idea's than road signs.

Reply #32461 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

I think it is good enough

Reply #32463 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

I thought it was great!!!

Reply #32466 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Sick of dickheads being negative and hiding behind 'anonymous' !

Good job on the promo.. dont mind the haters!

Reply #32468 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Pay me what my clients pay me and I might be able to spare a bit more time on this sort of thing. ;) I tried themes of East Side Story, Eastside and Westside, etc, trust me, but nothing came together. After a while it's better to just get something done rather than butt your head against a wall. As it is, I basically do them at 1-2AM on top of other work so getting it done means getting to bed. Thanks for the feedback though Bootleg, sorry, anonymous!

Reply #32471 | Report this post

Mr T  
Years ago

Fine I wont hide behind anon. The previous Anon was me. I wasn't being negative, just suggesting what I thought the whole Eastside/Westside would've been. I've actually liked all the previous promo's just this one I thought was much plainer than the others. Simply put I'm not going to sit back and be a sheep and say "damn that's some good work on that promo", I'll give my constructive critism and I get a good response like Isaac gave. He even answered me in saying he tried the whole eastside/westside and it didnt work which is understandable. I never said I hated it as I know how much work and thinking goes into something as simple as this.

Luckily Isaac can handle constructive critism unlike others.

Reply #32473 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

Na mate that is sum great work. I love the idea. Sum fine work there Isaac keep up the good work.

Reply #32475 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I did have one attempt based on this:

And another that was based on Band of Crothers using a Band of Brothers theme, but ended up going with the freeway idea. There is a movie called Freeway, but I don't think the styling or poster is recognisable to the masses.

Reply #32478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe if you had lyk biggie and tupac. Sumhow put a bearcats jersey on tupac and a mavericks jersey on biggie. maybe it would b a bit too tri hard but it would still look kool. its just a suggestion.
the promo now is pretty good regardless

Reply #32479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that one is good isacc has, just basic and effective. nothing too flash and messy.

top stuff isacc.

look at it this way better that promo then no promo :P

Reply #32483 | Report this post

basil  
Years ago

it's all good - well done isaac

Reply #32485 | Report this post

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

nice one isaac i thought it was pretty cool!

Reply #32497 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

It look sweet Isaac, it's different and I bet a lot of people wouldn't have thought of an idea like that.

Well done again on a great promo.

Reply #32499 | Report this post

Bearcat  
Years ago

I think the promos so far have been great, and as previously mentioned- anything to promote this great game and bring attention to it, has to be a plus- keep it up

Reply #32539 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

East meets west or will that be east beats west??

Reply #32540 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hate to help anyone with their tipping, but I believe that one of these two teams could be adding someone to their roster this week...

Reply #32542 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

clues isaac?

Reply #32587 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I just said in another thread that you would probably know who I was talking about. Maybe not!

Reply #32590 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

okay, so we know its west. mens or womens?

Reply #32592 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Interesting... I read that. Must be a West player then. Maybe Blake is back this week, or Cioffi. I know Cioffi was coming back at some stage, but I thought it was later in the season. Didn't mean to make you a liar!!!

Reply #32593 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

It's obviuosly someone who plays maybe for West, initials DC. Some people will no who i'm talking about...Is that on the money Isaac?

Reply #32594 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Terrible spelling in that last post, sorry people. (just before anyone drills me)

Reply #32595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i thought Double Clutch was a North Boy, oh well... guess i'll go make myself a coffee...

Reply #32596 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I wasn't referring to the Clutch...

Reply #32597 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Interesting to see what the coaching staff do if it is Cioffi. Will he play 40 mins and send players who have played pretty well this year to the bench?

Risky considering he won't play all year. Might stuff up a good chemistry..

You never know...maybe Cioffi won't shoot it that much and everyone will get the same scoring opportunities as they have been...

Reply #32598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and i wasn't actually going to make myself a Cioffi...

Reply #32599 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

We'd have a conflict of interest in the Hot/Not list should DC play ABL... My info is not the other DC either.

I don't know if it'd change many tips. If Blake does play, he will be just off the plane back from China (via NZ?), but I guess he's no slouch.

Eastern only have two guys who could match-up on him, and one is a bit foul prone. Weren't West a solid ABL team at their peak in the past few years? Truslove, Cioffi, Mann, Younie, and the current bunch -- very competitive.

West were doing well before that thumping by Norwood.

BTW, could you make a case for Richard Hill getting a coaching award? The Mavs are 5-2, missing the league-leading player from last year, and have had a bit of turmoil in recent weeks, but still thrashed Centrals at Starplex. The guy rarely even gets a mention.

Reply #32601 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Blake would slot in alot easier then Cioffi. Only question is, where would Bell play?

I can't see Bob sending Bell to the bench. Two post players? I see problems..

Reply #32602 | Report this post

Scooby Doo  
Years ago

I haven't heard anything in the past week but I thought it was well known that there was going to be an "Add In" for a few games. Some know him by "DC" I know it is not Daniel though, I live down the road and I would have seen the nose from there if he'd been home.

I do know that one of Wests favorite sons will be back sometime during the year. Issac may know more than me it might be this week he returns.

Reply #32605 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Coach Hill does go about his business quietly. And has been getting the job done. Not only Jacob gone, but missing J.Goodenough for a couple of games, adjusting for that, now re-adjusting to slot him back in, while 5-2. If there was a Coach of the Month, he'd get it!

If Cioffi or Truslove are back, i think it would be more of a disruption than a help. They are both quality players, and may perhaps be relied on by the westies team. Although both hae mad game, you'd think Bob would ease them back in, as to not upset west's game...

I'm sure someone disagrees, other thoughts...?

Reply #32606 | Report this post

Scooby Doo  
Years ago

Dont be stupid!!

I disagree completely. When blake plays bobby will throw blake in as much as his jet lag will let him play. Wouldn't you? when Blake is there for a season he will be relied on completely and the west offence becomes easily read. With Danny whack and Benny the Hurricane playing well they wont give up their games Bell will want to play his game also. Blake will end up with 20 boards which is what west needs!

Go Blakeo Go West!

Reply #32609 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Scooby

How effective is a player going to be after flying for 10-15 hrs?

If they do rely on Blake heavily, surely his offense isn't going to be crash hot, thus detracting from what the team has been running all season.

Danny and benny playing well... come on mate, who's being stupid now.
12 points 7 boards and 4 assists in 43 minutes for Daniel and Ben had 8 points 5 boards and 5 assists in 31 minutes.

if your gonna make bold claims about my opinion, at least back your own up with some facts.

Reply #32612 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Danny has played pretty well this year. Top 10 in scoring and assists and 3 point%.

Benny has played OK.

Blake will be an asset to West if the coaching staff can find a way to slot him in effectively. That means benching Bell. Its the only way.

I don't think that will happen.

Reply #32613 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Why wouldn't you run with Pearce, Phillips, Evans, Bell and Blake?

Reply #32614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its easy - crothers backs up Blake like he has in past - so u start with Pearce, Phillips, Evans, Bell, truslove

Reply #32615 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

DC. If it's not Daniel Cioffi, surely Dan Clausen isn't coming out of retirement!!

Reply #32636 | Report this post

Scooby Doo  
Years ago

Oi! the whole west team had a bad game. thanks doc for the backup. they have been the leading scorers for most games this year. They may not be at their absolute best but they have been the best for west this year.

Blake won't be shooting 3's like big Rees. He will get 20 boards and plenty of put backs with 15 points!

Jet Lag doesn't change your height and size last time I checked Dunkenstein?

Reply #32701 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

My point with Bell is that he has no outside game. Granger would be a better fit on the court with Blake, coz he can hit the mid-range jumper consistently.

Put Blake in the post, and Bell becomes a liability on offense. Its up to Bobby to sort this out. I don't think he has the balls to bench Bell for the good of the team. I may be wrong. Just thoughts

Reply #32705 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

have to agree with Doc on this one, when Bell sits in the post westies offence becomes stagnent, plus once its in there it very rarely comes out!

Reply #32711 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

What a ball hog. 16+ points at 50%. Besides Adam Pearce shooting 41%(good clip) and Danny Phillips at 36% (about average) from three which player do you want chucking up hand grenades on the kick out. Everyone else is sub 30%. Go back two season Bell & Truslove played fine on the court together. Anyone say 3 out 2 in.

Reply #32826 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:15 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754