Surmdog
Years ago

Joe Johnson traded to Brooklyn

Joe johnson has been traded to Brooklyn for 5 players and a draft pick.
Atlanta receive
Anthony morrow
Jordan farmer
Johan petro
Jordan Williams
Deshawn Stevenson and Houstons 2013 lottery protected 1st round pick.

With Johnson going to the nets and williams likely to sign a 5 year $109 mill deal.
And Gerald Wallace 4 years $40 mil.
Leaves no room for Dwight Howard left in the cap thats if Williams signs.

Topic #28658 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Suuuuch a dumb move by Billy King and the Nets.

Way to take on the most toxic contract in the league not owed to Rashard Lewis...

Reply #368731 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Not to mention paying Gerald Wallace twice what he's worth. The Nets are the new Orlando Magic, makes sense that Dwight wants to go there...

Reply #368733 | Report this post

Maxx  
Years ago

Could be used in a trade for Dwight. ?

Reply #368738 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Doubt Magic would take his ridiculous contract on as a rebuilding piece...

Reply #368742 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Hawks and Jazz have agreed in principle to trade Marvin Williams for Devin Harris.

I thought Ferry did a horrible job in Cleveland of surrounding Lebron James with overrated players, but after a week on the job in ATL he has managed to get rid of the worst contract in the league in Johnson, and a useless, overpaid draft bust in Williams. Good work so far...

Reply #368744 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

As someone said on Twitter this morning, these early post-lockout contracts aren't exactly showing that owners have learnt from their pre-lockout bleatings.

Reply #368746 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Ferry has dumped over 100 million dollars in salary to get only 20 million back.

He deserves executive of the year already. I have no idea how he managed to trade Joe Johnson. Genius.

Reply #368759 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

Let's be honest here, the Nets if they only signed Deron would have a starting line up of:

PG Deron Williams
SG Joe Johnson
SF Gerald Wallace
PF Kris Humphries
C Brook Lopez

I don't mind that line up at all.
And if the Magic can't get much for Dwight, the Nets would still be open to trade Lopez for Dwight.
That would make them a very formidable side!
And realistically, anything would be better than the side they had over the past 2-3 years!

Reply #368760 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

And on top of that, Jason Kidd and Deron Williams have said they want to play together, so they would pick up a very cheap back up point guard in KIdd if they are to retain Deron.

Reply #368761 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeah, if they are able to retain Deron and Lopez the Nets will be a good team for the first time in a long time. But they're not going to challenge for a title unless Lopez can learn to do more than just score.

I guess it achieves the Nets short-term aim of starting the Brooklyn era with a winning team, but they are gonna be hating Johnson's contract in 4 years when he is 35 and earning $25 mill!

Looks like Dwight's posturing has failed once again too. Its gonna be difficult to get him to the Nets now unless Lopez agrees to a sign and trade.

Its starting to remind me of that ad a couple years back with the agent trying to sell his player to one GM after another: "Dwight ONLY wants to play for Brooklyn..."

Reply #368765 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Since JJ trade, Dwight is now saying he wants to go to Dallas.

If I were Hennigan and the Magic I'd be trading his sorry ass to the team he least wants to play for.

Reply #368766 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

Yeah but I don't think that team will want to knowing he becomes a free agent again at the end of the season and will sign wherever he wants in return for nothing.
He may now land in Dallas, will that mean Deron will sign there???

Reply #368775 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Dwight will end up at Lakers!

Reply #368822 | Report this post

Jim Bert  
Years ago

Still a chance Dwight will end up in Brooklyn and give the Nets a dream big three to compete for the championship immediately.

Reply #368864 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:49 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754