3 pointer
Years ago

Ais coaches at nationals

Have been watching the u16 nationals and have been noticing the amount of head coaches from certain states 'sucking up' to the coaches from the AIS! It's always the same coaches too! Why don't they just let the AIS coaches view their kids without having to ' brown nose'! Most of these coaches probably only want to improve their reputation with these AIS coaches anyway!!

Topic #28742 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could agree more! One coach in particular is selling his kids 24-7! The AIS coaches don't get to that level without having some idea! I think that coaches & parents that blattantly brown nose are a bad look!

Reply #369976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh my gosh! Fancy a a state coach/state director of coaching putting a case forward for the kids in their program - that's their job!! Don't forget these guys and girls have been at it for years and many of them actually have some history with each other.

So if you have your own way no one would talk to each other ??

Reply #369978 | Report this post

Jersey  
Years ago

Doesn't matter, they are now focusing on 18-20 yr olds

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/fibaFamilyNews/p/newsid/52663/arti.html

Reply #369980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't matter, sucking up is sucking up!! If the kids are good enough they will make it! They dont need their coaching directors pissing in the pockets of AIS coaches!! I bet the AIS coaches would love just to watch the games without having to worry about these 'coaching directors' coming up to talk to them!!!

Reply #369981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big noting themselves? Coach directors! Never!! I've never known a sport were the Head Coaches walk around thinking they are gods. Get a life, please! The better boys will be gone to the AFL, and the girls could be anywhere in the next 2-3 years.

Reply #369982 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Why are people so surprised? There's a certain amount of ego on the line with coaches getting kids to the next level so why not lobby, held the kid out and make you feel good.

This is like the Olympics and the AIS coaches the bid selection committee. Doesn't each city's bid committee lobby that selection committee hard? Don't they also get kickbacks in the form of gifts etc?

Has an AIS coach actually bought of coffee at the Nationals? or have they had their 16 cups from somewhere else?

I would only get worried when the AIS coaches get knocks on their motel door at midnight from strangers not wearing much at all, or a nurse's uniform

Reply #369988 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

(help)

Reply #369989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

easy Jack - don't let your mind wander stay on task, bit early for the nurse outfit scenario this morning, lol

Reply #369990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you all away that the AIS and State Coaching drectors have regular meeting to stream the elite players into selectin camps? As that is a part of their jobs.

Just cause they sit together and chat doesnt mean kids are being pushed at that point. Cause it alreay happens at other points.

This is probably a case of people who know each other sitting together to watch and evaluate game.

If only the simpletons here knew what was really going on.

Cant wait for the 'but they run around big noteing themselves line', who would you have them sit with, the parents?

Reply #369994 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Mmmmm, nurse's uniform............

Reply #369995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm gonna guess that this threads originator was also the one who bagged them for wearing jeans...

Reply #370004 | Report this post

CP3  
Years ago

#004 - I totally agree with your post. Someone has an axe to grind!

Reply #370005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes axe to grind, clearly some sad ones out there.

Reply #370008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would suggest an SAC parent who also complains about scheduling from BSA.

Reply #370010 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

Your kidding right. It's called networking, as a coach I love to learn from other coaches and take every opportunity to sit and discuss anything basketball.

The DOC's should be looking to understand what the AIS coaches want their program working on, what skills individuals are lacking and what game play the AIS coaches are seeing on the world stage.

The AIS coaches want to know the work ethic, history, attitude, strengths and weaknesses of a player first hand from those who know them best.

A state director of coaching does not push every kid in their state for an AIS scholarship because they want their best kids to be taken seriously when the lobby for them.

It's important that each state DOC has a relationship with the AIS and it's healthy for the identification and development of the best basketballers in the country - the sole purpose of the AIS.

Reply #370048 | Report this post

coffee  
Years ago

The AIS is not all thats its cracked up to be , I know first hand as my child went there and yes they had some good coaching but there is alot of other stuff that goes on there that our elite atheletes should not be doing.

Reply #370657 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:36 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754