KingJames
Years ago

Spurs Re-Sign Patrick Mills

Spurs Re-Sign Patrick Mills

SAN ANTONIO (July 13, 2012) - The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have re-signed guard Patty Mills. Per club policy details of the contract were not released.

"Patty came in and impressed us from the moment he joined us last season," Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich said. “He gives us some added depth at the guard position and we are excited to have him back in San Antonio.”

Topic #28756 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

Contract day Bala contract day

Reply #370253 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Nice! Great pic of Ingles in the Gold Coast Bulletin today wearing a Patty Mills Gameday Bala t-shirt...

Reply #370256 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Just signed their 2009 pick, Nando De Colo (PG) who's been playing in Europe, too.

Depth chart for Spurs at the PG/combo guard position:

Parker, Neal, De Colo, Mills, Denmon (Rookie, more on the SG side), Joseph.

Hopefully Mills can start seeing minutes in closer games with the way he's been shooting the ball lately.

Reply #370258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mills will back up parker, neal will see more of a shooting guard role this year, de colo will have to prove himself just like mills had to. Pop likes mills so i see good things coming for our boy patty

Reply #370297 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I agree with the anon poster... I see pops looking to groom Mills as Parker's understudy with Neal to play more 2-man. De Colo yet to prove his worth

Reply #370301 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

What did Patty do between his NBL stint and the Spurs to become such an elite shooter?

His shooting was always his weakness, even though he had decent form, he was always way too streaky and had poor shot selection.

Is it a product of the Spurs elite offense or did he put in some serious work after that dodgy China club ousted him for "faking" an injury? Either way it's good to see a high volume shooter (who was once accused of being a "chucker" by even myself) shooting at such a great clip.

Reply #370330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably more to do with his good shooting nights being in the less meaningful games.

Reply #370331 | Report this post

thecouch  
Years ago

Mills' new deal is until the end of the 2013-14 season, but he has another option in his contract to review his future next year.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/olympics/news-london-2012/boomers-spur-on-mills-20120714-22359.html#ixzz20df7QWmp

Reply #370332 | Report this post

benno  
Years ago

Mick just heaps of hard work and gaining experience from playing more and more

Reply #370336 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

when he was waiting for the clearance I know he was doing a lot of work at St Mary's. I don't know if he was participating with the team or not

Reply #370337 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

Yeah he was, I remember seeing a video created by one of the players for some school assignment which showed Patty practising with the team

Reply #370346 | Report this post

benno  
Years ago

Yep, Patty worked really hard with the gaels on his road back to the nba, Which is so good for both the gaels and patty. He underwent extreme training to gain match fitness back and skills. Still wishing he didn't bother going to china

Reply #370394 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Mick, if you've got a spare 15 minutes check this video out;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imjnJs0NfY4

Document's Patty's break in between China and Spurs. He worked his tail off on his strength, conditioning, skills and shooting.

The hard work has paid off!

Reply #370418 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:36 pm, Fri 15 Mar 2024 | Posts: 967,764 | Last 7 days: 765