In the Know
Years ago

Under 12 State Championships Review

Under 12 Boys:

Looking at the season so far and there is no doubt that Sturt is the team to beat. I don't know whether teams are 'physc' out when playing them but the only team that gets close to them are West. Southern and South are not far behind, and there is nothing seperating these teams as their last game shows. Southern seem to bother West with a 1 all count in games played. Depending on the draw Sturt will either play West or Southern in the final with Sturt winning. A dark horse, Forestville.

Under 12 Girls:

This competition is a two horse race between Forestville and Sturt. Sturt have the edge at the moment but who knows when it comes to the big crunch games. Southern are the nearest competition to the two teams but can't catch them unless they pull off a big upset. The rest of the field is way behind, and I am talking 60 + points behind! The recent improvement in Sturt especially after an outstanding Easter carnival would make them a clear favourite. Forestville's bigs may give Sturt problems but the overall depth of Sturt will prevail.

Tomorrow the Under 14 Boys and Girls

Topic #2877 | Report this topic

The truth  
Years ago

Really its Under 12 lets just hope the kids have a good time playing the great game of basketball ....

Reply #32650 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Really its Under 12 lets just hope the kids have a good time playing the great game of basketball ....

Reply #32651 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Wonder if any US college scouts are going to be sitting in the stands considering they now have national rankings for 14 year olds over there...

Reply #32653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"In The Know" are you the old "RJ" that used to posted the state champs reviews last year?

Reply #32660 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Forestville play Sturt at Pasadena this Fri night!

As always, a great rivalry!

Should be an absolute cracker of a game!

Reply #32673 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

12 Boys:

Sturt are the obvious favourites in this grade, the only chance that anyone will get close to them will be their own complacency.

The next six teams are all a shot though, making for potentially a very interesting carnival.

Forestville recently knocked off Woodville (who made the semi finals in summer), lost by only 3 to West and 8 to South. This marks them as a dark horse.

Eastern have drawn with West, beaten Woodville by four and lost to South by a point. Yet only beat Norwood by four points. This marks them as a potential dark horse (but an inconsistent one).

South have been in the duldrums recently and actually lost to North. What is going on with the summer runner up? They had a draw with Southern a couple of weeks ago so I expect have the ability to bounce back and it might have just been the holiday blues.

Woodville spanked South, but then went on a four game losing streak which inlcuded Eastern and Forestville! They made the semis in summer and should still be in the mix.

Southern are beating teams, but not really finishing them off (ie North and Norwood). Have lost to West and had a draw with South. Seem to have the talent - just a matter of whether they decide to use it.

West, whilst the stats don't show it I would consider them to be the best organised half court defensive team. As finals are often decided by defence, this team should do well. Just the fact that they are the team to get closest to Sturt puts them second on my list!

My prediction:

Semis:
Sturt to beat Forestville
West to beat Woodville

Final:
Sturt to beat West

Reply #32696 | Report this post

Izzard  
Years ago

U know, the only consistent thing about kids is they're inconsistent. If I was a betting person I sure wouldn't be putting it on u/12's!

Reply #32712 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:30 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754