curtley
Years ago

Brett Brown believes Boomers will win medal

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/london-olympics/boomer-coach-brett-brown-rates-australian-boomers-a-medal-chance-at-london-olympics/story-fn9dirj0-1226427383583

It's interesting that Australia is the second-ranked team in their group after Spain.

Topic #28774 | Report this topic

rohant16  
Years ago

You have to be positive in his position. But realistically it would take something special to achieve this.

No more ridiculous than the Opals aiming for gold I suppose.

Reply #370554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck,4-8th spot

Reply #370556 | Report this post

The guru  
Years ago

We should make final 8 and from there anyone's a chance. Provided we don't cop team USA.

Reply #370557 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Watching the Spain vs France game Pre-Olympic game, to me it looks like a huge talent gap between those teams and the Boomers. Boomers will need to not only play out of their skin, but also hope for some luck with some favourable upsets to improve their bracket.

Reply #370559 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

My jury is out with B Brown! You cant knock what he's done but is this a case of hubris?

I hope he's right...

A goorgian coached team i would rate as a medal chance. Browns side could go anywhere from 3 - 16.

Bogut would help but so would Griffin.

"You steal from the European teams but the overwhelming majority of what we (the Boomers) do is what I've been a part of at San Antonio."

Jury out - this is not the NBA...........

Reply #370564 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

with bogut in the boomers they may have been an outside chance(with lots of luck and injuries to other players)

i seriously think that BB may be dilusional.
(a symptom of listening to his own bullshit for too long)

Reply #370567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a chance of medalling, if Bogut had been fit its all very different. But this team wont do much damage to the top teams.

Reply #370573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course he believes we'll win a medal. There's no point going into a tournament with a negative attitude. It's true there are more teams there with greater depth in talent but we do have a few world class players in our team too. We are yet to play a game with our current squad so why don't you guys reserve judgement until we at least play 2-3 games. Brown is definitely over confident but certainly not delusional, it's not as if we have to play an 82 games season and then finals. We only have to play well for an 8 game stretch and there's our chance at a medal.

Reply #370574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We will drop the first game vs brazil and never recover

Reply #370576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone can beat anyone on there night and its only an 8 game stretch were bringing a fit experienced young team that is going to be hungry, anything can happen

Reply #370583 | Report this post

benno  
Years ago

marc gasol is out of the olympics i heard

Reply #370597 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

If we play with a reasonable amount of heart, pride, and effort, there is no reason why we can't make it to that Bronze medal game.

The effort and pride have been lacking since Sydney.

Reply #370617 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

I agree that it will take something special to win a medal, but it ALWAYS takes something special to win a medal. The Olympic competition is deeper than it has ever been before, and there are no easybeats anymore.

If we can play great defence, get out and run for the full 40 minutes of each and every game, and our three best players are consistenly Mills, Maric and Ingles, we should win more games than we lose.

We finished our pool games in Beijing with a 3-2 record, placing us fourth in our pool, and crossing over with the USA. That was after losing the first two games! We MUST win on opening night against Brazil to get this campaign off on the right foot. That is a key.

Reply #370625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im just so keen to see it all. and tommorow morning we will find out how Australia stood to spain which will be a good indicator on our fate this year

Reply #370636 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

If the Boomers play good team ball and move it around a lot to get good shots, then I can see us being a chance of getting to the last four.

If Brett tries to get them playing NBA-style isolation plays then I think we'll miss out.

Reply #370642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Win a medal?

Whats he smoking?

Reply #370656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love how positive you so called supporters are!
I hope they win, just to rub it in your faces!

Reply #370676 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:46 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754