The guru
Years ago

Blaze gm earns 200k PA, more than gibbo/wortho

Reported on goldcoast.com.au

What a joke, he stuffed the club and got more money than boomers players!

Would he be the highest paid gm in Nbl? Glad he's gone now...

Topic #28776 | Report this topic

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Link? I can't see anywhere on the site that says that..

Reply #370577 | Report this post

The guru  
Years ago

It's there somewhere, all over twitter also. Player manager @adamhall_ going on about it ATM.

Reply #370578 | Report this post

The guru  
Years ago

It's there somewhere, all over twitter also. Player manager @adamhall_ going on about it ATM.

Reply #370579 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

And if he landed 400k in sponsorship he was probably cheap

Reply #370581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No NBL Gm should be on more than 100k

Reply #370585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He turned the club around, was worth every cent and hopefully they get him back in BA accepts their submission. You have to pay good money to get results.

Reply #370587 | Report this post

The guru  
Years ago

Lol he turned the club around? It went into VA...and got 50% capacity to a final...

Pay me 80k, I will cut expenditure and get bigger crowds, better team, better/cheaper coach.

Reply #370592 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Turned the club around............LMAO

The club is in VA with massive debts and looks like it will not continue. He has lost his $200k job.........sounds like a great operator - maybe the NBL can hire him and run up some massive debts.

Reply #370599 | Report this post

Venom  
Years ago

Not surprised they ran into troubles, $200k on someone who ran a club without training facilities of their own, let the GCCC screw em over etc to burn $12.5million over 5 years. As they say, a fool and their money are easily parted

Reply #370604 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

He was in the job for around 12 months and made massive improvements to the club. Why comment if you don't know any facts?

Reply #370605 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

More than Gibbo but not more than Wortho...fact.

Reply #370612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LMAO at some people who know nothing but assume they do. The vast majority of the $12mill was run up before he got the job. He finally turned the club into a business and got them moving in the right direction.

Reply #370614 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Did someone actually say that no club GM should be paid more than 100k? In what context? Like, how do you come to that figure?

Reply #370619 | Report this post

The guru  
Years ago

Bowie, you reckon wortho got over 200k?

Highest paid player in league if true.

Also lol at anon, is that you Paul pamenter?

Reply #370624 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

No NBL Gm should be on more than 100k

Seriously? If you're looking to poach someone from the real world who has the experience and skills to manage a club successfully you'll be hard pressed to attract any decent candidates offering only $100k. You might get lucky and find someone who has a real passion for basketball, or who's already made their money in another profession and is willing to take a pay cut, but you'll be drastically limiting your field if you're only offering $100k.

Reply #370643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You may be right billo but if an nbl cub wants to make money then they have to run lean initially in front office.
history doesnt lie

Reply #370647 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Wortho family member said he was on $200k plus this season and $250k next season. Publicly it was written as $585k over 3 years.

Reply #370678 | Report this post

The guru  
Years ago

Why would wortho walk then with 250k waiting for him?

Is Europe/tigers offering more?

Reply #370695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think Wortho did walk, they all had their contracts torn up.

Reply #370696 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

So Blaze get rid of Joyce's court-awarded payout AND Wortho's ridiculous contract? Nice.

Reply #370702 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Remember he didn't have a contract anymore. All remaining players were sacked. MW did say he was not coming back anyway.

Reply #370729 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

BJF...........the facts are that 12ths ago the club was not in VA and it went into VA on his shift. The way the whole situation has beem handled has been pretty unprofessional IMO and the buck stops with your man you are talking up.

I am sure he took his full pay entitlements right up until the end unlike some of the players who have no choice but to accept a lesser amount

Reply #370745 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Give him a break. The Joyce fiasco was not on his watch and the club was supposed to have practically broken even last season. That's a miracle.
CEO's are paid according to what budget they work with, aren't they?
On that criteria, $200k seems a touch high.

Reply #370754 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

It's all water under the bridge but I have been corrected from "one who, I believe, knows" so thought I would pass it on.
PP would have been on $200k at least in his last job. His Blaze salary would have been a good base plus an excellent percentage of whatever sponsorship he brought to the Blaze. He would not have come across to the NBL team on less. Highly possible he was involved/responsible for all issue decisions and this gave him the opportunity to branch into new areas of sport.

Reply #370864 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:29 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754