Anonymous
Years ago

Lin to Rockets looking likely

Looks like Lin will be going to the Rockets unless the Knicks pull something out of their hat. Thoughts??

Topic #28794 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rockets paid too much, although they waived Scola not amnesty - guess they are saving that for Lins 3rd year?

Reply #370874 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

If he goes for 16+, 5+, 5+ then he will be worth every single cent they paid. Will come down to his first year there really.

Knicks won't go for him now they have Felton. No point having 3 PGs who can all play major minutes. Knicks could possibly even go after Howard now with a Amare or Melo trade... If only!

Reply #370883 | Report this post

threeball  
Years ago

It's done. Lin will be a Houston Rocket next year. He's said his goodbyes to Knicks fan on twitter.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/07/17/lin-rockets-offer.ap/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Reply #370907 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm sure there's been more than Lin contributing to this, but the Knicks' parent company (Madison Square Garden Inc) lost enough in value last Monday to have paid for Lin's full contract instead.

Reply #370927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the Rockets did it to gain the huge Asian following back.

Reply #370928 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

A couple of articles here downplaying the effect of Lin on MSG's bottom line:

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/364005/20120717/new-york-knicks-news-jeremy-lin-financial.htm

http://blogs.wsj.com/marketbeat/2012/07/17/analysts-to-knicks-dump-jeremy-lin/

Reply #370943 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Is Jeremy Lin the most overrated player of all time? I say yes.

Reply #370950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps overhyped is more apt.

Reply #370951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps overhyped is more apt.

Reply #370952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Overrated, put it this way, I enjoyed watching the four games I watched with Lin playing in more than I have had watching the Knicks play in the last 15 years.

Reply #370955 | Report this post

ant  
Years ago

How much money will the Rockets make if people in Asia buy a Lin jersey? If he is even half the player he was in his time at NY he will be a marketing dream.

Reply #370959 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw , come awn now Brad Newley and Diamon Simpson .

Reply #370974 | Report this post

Chewy316  
Years ago

Good move by the Knicks. It would've cost them close to over 40 million to pay for Lin's third year with the taxes/luxury taxes that would've been on his 15 million dollar base salary. He has played a total of 26 games as a starter, averaging around 15 and 6. Far from a world beater if you ask me. Plenty of people in the league can replicate what he did on the court. He was hyped simply because of his demographics and his story coming out undrafted from Harvard. I'm not convinced that he wanted to go to Houston either, no doubt that he was using that contract as a way to speed up the process to be guaranteed a NBA contract. He's got a great contract for him, but the Rockets have severely overpaid. Amnestying Scola had nothing to do with acquiring Lin; they are still pursuing Dwight Howard, although I think it's not a matter of if, but when Dwight Howard will be introduced as a LA Laker.

Reply #370983 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

The Rockets get virtually the same $ from Lin jerseys sold whether he plays for Houston or the Knicks as jersey sales are divided evenly among all 30 teams (except for those sold in your actual arena - which would be minimal compared to worldwide sales).

Reply #371056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How do you know that regarding jersey sales? It is totally different in the AFL

Reply #371133 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:15 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754