Isaac
Years ago

Boomers vs Spain in Malaga, 6:15am Eastern

Fans will be able to see every shot, block and rebound LIVE online courtesy of the Spanish network rTVe, which is streaming the game on their website.

Game 2 of the series is scheduled to tip-off at 6:15am AEST and the Boomers' faithful can watch all the action at: http://www.rtve.es/deportes/baloncesto/directo/.
Brett Brown's said they'll try a bit more Wortho and Barlow at PF, and play some small-ball.

Topic #28798 | Report this topic

rjd  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac.

The reply of the first game vs Spain is at http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/baloncesto/

I am guessing they might show a reply of the second game, too. Anyone know?

Reply #370980 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Sorry, obviousLy mean "replay" :P

Reply #370982 | Report this post

Avv  
Years ago

Yep all Spain games have been available on replay a few hours after the end of the game

Reply #370984 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

thanks Isaac, that link will be a great help through bleary eyes in the morning!!

Reply #370985 | Report this post

benno  
Years ago

Shattered all the games are so early! I reckon they will get them tonight gotta shut down pau and newley has gotta keep hitting his shot, patty to drop 25

Reply #370989 | Report this post

adam  
Years ago

I know I am inviting ridicule, but I just don't know how far this team can go with Patty attempting the bulk of the shots. On the odd occasion he does go off at a good clip but on the whole he has to take so many shots to get his points. He was 4/14 against Spain, and when your team is run by a shoot first point guard 4/14 isn't going to cut it. I would prefer to see Delly run the team and Mills off the bench in a sixth man role. Patty is just not an efficient scorer. It kills me in Basketball how so many people look at what a player scored and ignore their FG%.

Reply #371004 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

At least Delly was usually the one who was running the team when he was on court. It's great to have someone like Delly who is always scanning for passing options, connecting on the type of passes that make you want to rewind to see it again.

Re: Mills, IMO his low FG% was not only due to some poor shot selection, but some desperation shots when nothing was working. If he shot only within the system, his clip would be much better. His shot is developing nicely. He has additional value because we don't have anyone else who can reliably create their own shot when the system fails to create an opportunity on offense.

I get your point though. Delly deserves more than 21 minutes and to run the team whenever he is on court. Will Mills be happy to just take opportunities that are presented to him, or will he force shots up to make to make more of a statement?

Reply #371009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its startin now kents

Reply #371010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aus up 19-18 now and seem to be playing better then last night

Reply #371012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" I am not very smart but I can lift heavy things" = aaron baynes

Reply #371014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aus down at the half by 1, 35=34// not looking outclassed at all in these games

Reply #371015 | Report this post

Johnny  
Years ago

Newley is an impressive physical specimen...even faster and more athletic than a few years ago.

On that fast break Ibaka was waiting for Newley to through the kick out pass and he just went up and yakked on him. I have growing confidence in this Australian team

Reply #371016 | Report this post

Johnny  
Years ago

throw*

Reply #371017 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

How many points has Gasol scored? I only caught the game in the second quarter and he was pretty much having his way against us. Boomers impressive again overall. Would be nice to get the "W" this time but I would trade any wins in the warm up games for a first up victory over Brazil.

Reply #371018 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Offense run from way too high.

Reply #371020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Baynes Irritates me. Misses so many easy shots, if he could shoot next to the ring we wuld be up by double digits right now. what a moron

Reply #371022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

56-55 down at the end of the 3rd

Reply #371023 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Is to Andersen or Baynes?

We have had 3 or 4 close tips ins or put backs that have missed.

So frustrating.

Is it me or are we playing their bench primarily?

Delly is a gun first time I have really seen him properly.

Mills I love but he is the bail out man when everything goes wrong makes it very hard to shoot at a good clip.

Reply #371025 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Love our defence shows on the pick n roll and our help and rotation D is excellent.

Soon as they go zone we struggle.

Wortho needs to shoot and not stop and consider

Reply #371026 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Barlow horrible jump shot.

Gotta use Andersen better

Reply #371027 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Newley amazing block game looks lost though.

Reply #371028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's the score? I'm on my way to work???

Reply #371029 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Perfect trapijng d

Calderon banks one from 2 metres outside 3 pt

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Reply #371030 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

2 mins to go couple of 3's by us.

Down 7

Gasol fouls out

Reply #371031 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

marty constantly in Brown's ear.

Wondering if Brown is just laughing on the inside!!!

Reply #371032 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Down 9 Andersen just went down looks ok ish.

Calderon is good!

Reply #371034 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

81 75 finish

Barlow dropped a couple late.

They look horrible but they are dropping.

I will leave the game summary to people who watched the whole thing!

Reply #371035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well what I can say is both teams looked a step better tonight then they were last night. There was no Maric sadly.. he was rested and there wasnt a whole lot of neilsen either. Overall we were highly competitive during the whole game and at the end when it got to 12 out and was looking like it was going to streamroll out of control we took it back to 6.

My main gripe with our team is... FINNISHING!!!!... I dont see whats so hard about hitting shots next to the ring for our guys, they do all the good wokr to get there, they get it, and then they throw up something kind of awkward looking its very frustrating. BAynes is the absolute worst for that.. I do respect the fact that he seems to know it and attempts to dunbk to cancel the problem out but his touch around the ring is really quite bad and he doesnt seem to have a very high Basketball IQ at all.

Bewley was solid, Ingles was good, POatty hit some good shots but did suffer from his usual brain explosions.. Barlow was surprisingly accurate with his shot today.. Our rebounding was generally better. Its a shame to lose to them again. it really was looking like we would take this one mid way through the 3rd... I think everyone was expecting blow outs in these games and it dikdnt happen which shows the teams improved because ive seen pre-tourney games between spain about 2 years ago where we lost by 18 and 30 respectively and didnt even look anywhere near in the same realm as them and in the games vs spain we havent been outclassed at all.. and really thoes games couldve gone either way. I do think the Olympics look promising for us especially with the re emergence of newley but we need to continue to improve, there are still brain farts and we still have to deal with baynes inability to hit basic inside shots!

Reply #371037 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Finishing has been this team's biggest problem since this group of guys have played together. We just make it so hard on ourselves.

Reply #371039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree on the finishing side o things
Saw at least 10 easy points missed

Offence looks good with delly on
And he will only get better
Once again i would like to see crawford get some time
It would be an advantage to have him hit some shots

We still look like we are missing jawai on the low block

Reply #371053 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

I love watching Baynes play..... He makes me cheer him and yell at him within two plays.

I still like the fact that game 1 saw him try to dunk on ibaka. I cheered at that even though he missed. Then I yelled at him for missing easy tip in.

Have enjoyed watching our style of play.

Reply #371082 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Even though we lost again in what was another winnable game, I am encouraged by the way the team is coming together. I would suspect a fit Maric could have improved on finishing at the rim and guarding Gasol...we still have something up our slave but so do Spain. The good thing our boys can take away is that we are so close now and a very good effort can be enough to win against the likes of Spain!

Go Boomers!

Next up we face another good test in the form of France...

Reply #371085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know if there are any replays of the game floating around?

Still at the link of the first game hoping to see it update with game 2

Reply #371091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even though Spain weren't close to full strength these two results were very promising for the Boomers.

Reply #371092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sounds like an entertaining game. is there going to be another replay? that's an awesome website if your a Spain fan! lucky bastards wish the boomers could get something like that going.

Reply #371101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not close to full strength spain??? Please explain??? all but Marc was playing? may i add we didnt have Maric, Had bugger all of neilsen and Anderson was off most the game?

Reply #371125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Navarro taking 4 shots tells you they weren't applying full rat power.

Reply #371135 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Or perhaps he's been so well scouted that he only got 4 opportunities to take shots he felt confident enough to take. The next time we play Spain just keep an eye on the number of plays they run for Navarro to get him an open shot. More than this last game I imagine.

Didn't see the game so can't be certain, however Brown made a point of being defensively orientated.

Reply #371139 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

anyone found a replay site

Reply #371143 | Report this post

Doubledoubs  
Years ago

http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/baloncesto/baloncesto-gira-preolimpica-seleccion-espanola-espana-australia/1469894/

Reply #371163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love how people try to pick any little way they can to downgrade the boomers .. even if its "navarro only taking 4 shots" id hate to break your bubble but no one is a superheroe and its very possibnle that the defense just stuck to him like flies on shit. Nothing I saw sugests to me that Spain is that far above us at all and an upset during the olympics is not impossible

Reply #371165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Navarro is coming back after Plantar fasciitis and was used sparingly at best

Reply #371166 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:25 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754