Aussiebballer
Years ago

Julian Khazzouh playing well

Julian Khazzouh is getting some great playing time in the NBA Summer League the last 2 games.

Today in 36 mins he scored 16pts on 6/7 fg, 3/4 3pt, 2as and 6rebs.
Last game in 33mins he scored 8pts on 3/8 fgs, 2 as and 4 rebs

If he can play well again he may get a camp invite from an NBA team and then who knows maybe an end of bench spot.

Topic #28809 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't get too far ahead of yourself on this one. The odds of him making an nba camp still very unlikely. A lot of guys unknowns even score heavily in summer league, and then nothing happens. Good on him though can't do more than play the game well.

Reply #371214 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

He's already been scouted prior to this summer league and been invited out, correct? So surely him playing well like this will give him a far better chance than these unknowns... I'd be surprised if he didn't get a camp invite from a team, and if continues to show good signs a bench contract... Europe bound otherwise

Reply #371218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From the earlier game highlights I saw he lacked the aggression needed,as it's very isolation ball hog stuff the summer league, so it's good to see him demanding the ball and minutes and more importantly making the most of his opportunity.he has a lot of talent but also some glaring defiencies esp. on D. But not much worse than David Andersen in the defense department

Reply #371220 | Report this post

themvpiskb24  
Years ago

Needs to get more rebounds but impressive nonetheless

Reply #371224 | Report this post

benno  
Years ago

Shame on all you Julian Khazzouh haters out there the bloke just proved he can ball, was so proud watching him today. Needs to work on his inside game more

Reply #371234 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

Pretty impossible to judge from Summer League performance, he could be the best out there but not what a team is looking for specifically. All he can do is work his arse off and see how it goes.

Reply #371236 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

That was the Lakers last game in the Summer League.Good to see him playing well. will be interesting to see what happens..most likely will go to Europe, it would be good to see him playing for a team in Liga ACB in Spain, where Ingles and Jawai will be hooping next season.(not for FC Barcelona obviously.)

Reply #371239 | Report this post

Dingo99  
Years ago

Hope he does well in Europe this year!!

Reply #371241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't he get invited to a camp last year before getting cut?

Reply #371249 | Report this post

Deios58  
Years ago

Way too soft and defensively challenged to play in the NBA. Would probably make someone's roster in Europe, but would get eaten alive defensively in the Association. Don't make a big deal about summer league - means very little in the scheme of things.

Reply #371276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would probably make someone's roster in Europe!! He's a little better than that.

Reply #371282 | Report this post

Deios58  
Years ago

He's very talented, but extremely soft, not very strong, and wih poor lateral movement. Will dominate a reasonable second tier Euro league but he'd have his head handed to him in Italy or Spain.

Reply #371284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In Spain, maybe, definitely not in Italy.

Reply #371285 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Deios58, I wouldn't say Khazzouh is any softer, weaker or more laterally challenged than David Andersen and he has been a dominant big man in Europe for years, as well as a serviceable backup in the NBA.

I'm not saying Khazzouh will be as successful as Andersen, but I think you are selling him short to say he can't compete in the top Euro leagues. I reckon he will do well over there if he is given the chance.

Reply #371289 | Report this post

Deios58  
Years ago

Disagree Beantown. He couldn't dominate an NBL which is nowhere near the calibre of the stronger Euro leagues, despite what some may sprout. And is a completely different type of player to Andersen anyway.

Bottom line is he doesn't have the toughness, both physically or mentally, despite his undoubted talent. He'd get destroyed in the NBA, don't kid yourself, and most decent Euro centers would eat his lunch.

I sound harsh, I know, but I've watched this guy for many years. I know what I see. He's got great ability, but he's never wanted it enough, nor ever been prepared to do what was required to go to another level. And to be fair, playing for one of the worst coaches in NBL history for the past season and a half has definitely stunted his development.

Reply #371314 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:39 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754