natwhereyouat
Years ago

Tigers player movement

Kevin Braswell will not play for the Tigers for the start of the 2012-13 season, due to NZ citizenship issues.

Player movement coming though. A signing & a player on the out.

Topic #28813 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

I think same thing happened to Rick Rickert and the Gold Coast Blaze a couple of years back.

Reply #371298 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Fresh talks with Gibson start?

Reply #371301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So if he has NZ citizenship what exactly is the issue? You are considered a 'local' player even if you have NZ citizenship right?

Reply #371302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No NZ citizenship. Dorsey on the way out to make way for an import pg now?

Reply #371304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A few people jumped the gun claiming Braswell had NZ citizenship. Clearly he doesn't.

Smells awfully similar to the Kings supposedly signing that Kevin Smith bloke which never happened.

Reply #371305 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Kevin Smith HAS signed
http://www.australiabasket.com/player.asp?Cntry=NZL&PlayerID=103595 (Also confirmed by Heat coach Alex Stojkovic)

Shane Heal also said he was on the team, unsure why the team haven't announced it though.

There was a rumour that the Kings were in the hunt for a Blaze player and to fit him under the points cap they would need to release Smith.

None of the Blaze players have signed (officially) yet, so i guess it's still a (be it small..) possibility.

Reply #371306 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

Wortho to replace Dorsey

Reply #371307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it is Wortho for Dorsey, plus an import big and point guard then the Tigers will be a good playoff chance.

Reply #371308 | Report this post

g  
Years ago

^^^^
That's a step backwards if true? Never rated wortho, must be the coaches that influence the players they want on the boomers team to i guess?

Reply #371309 | Report this post

Cally  
Years ago

Dorsey is on contract for at least another year. BUT, I guess in this league and the way things go, that means jack sh*t.

Reply #371318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kevin Smith HAS signed

Not according to the NBL which is all that matters.

Reply #371322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wortho will not be playing in Australia so rule out that rumour

Reply #371355 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Braswell may still play for the Tigers, if he can get his citizenship papers sorted

Reply #371358 | Report this post

boss  
Years ago

burston out for petrie??

Reply #371365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last I heard was that the Kings roster was comlete, other than Dev players. However the Smith thing seems to have some legs in terms of facts. The Kings may well be bottom of the ladder already with Heals recruiting.

Reply #371396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What will happen with Daniel dillon now ?

Reply #371409 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

The Dorsey thing would be interesting, as even though he's got another year left on his contract, we know imports can be chucked without any real cause, (benefit of a multi-year import contract really) the TIgers would still have to think up a pretty decent reason/excuse to avoid continuing being a laughing stock of credibility, especially when you've only got one import slot filled...

Not according to the NBL which is all that matters.

the NBL is fairly useless during the season, let alone off season, but I agree that it's strange that even though the Kings media guy is overseas, they still managed to get a release out for the Lazare signing, so why not for Smith?

I think that for the player points he is (7), they did ok with the selection, considering what else was on offer for that position and points level, but I'd cut him in a second to get Petrie on board...

Reply #371437 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Dan Dillon is currently in talks with a NBL team, and apparently is close to signing/has verbally committed.

Dillon also committed to the Blaze, so see what happens..

Reply #371442 | Report this post

P-Diddy  
Years ago

Drove to Mildura on the weekend to see family and went to the Mildura vs Campbellwell game (Chris Anstey is coach)Big V-D1 Heard on the grapevine Anstey approched Mildura coach James Madigan (Ex Adelaide) to get permission to talk to Import PG Kris Clark and has offered him a try-out with the Tigers.

Reply #371475 | Report this post

ZD  
Years ago

Goulding is a Tiger. Signed this morning.

Reply #371481 | Report this post

Muzz buzz  
Years ago

so tigers are

Lewis
Walker
Ballinger
Burston
Dorsey
Goulding
Tomlinson
Rush
Greer

making 56 points with an import to come

Ballinger in for Tragardh is a down grade at that spot, Gouding in for Dillon is on par

The PG import better be decent to get this team up and running IMO

Reply #371484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone leaving ?

Reply #371489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Ballinger can stay fit, I'd say he's an upgrade over Trigger. I hope the import is good. I can't see an incredible year for the Tigers this season, unfortunately.

Reply #371494 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

they dont really look that bad, if lewis, goulding, walker and tomlinson all improve which they should based on age they should be OK. You wouldnt take them lightly if you were another nbl team.
Ballinger burston and rush all get back to 90% of previous form they could be great.

Reply #371496 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

If healthy, it's a decent team... put the right PG in place to lead and they will be competitive... most of the team is very familiar with each other which will help... If Balls can get back to anywhere close to his pre-injury form you've got a much better defender than Trigger with someone who can contribute well at the other end too...

Reply #371500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think there's more to come yet. An import big still to come and some reshuffling of the deckchairs, at least for a little while.

Reply #371504 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:24 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754