LC
Years ago

Road to London: Boomers vs France 24-Jul 3:30am

Boomers take another step towards the London games with another hit out against quality opposition early on Tuesday morning Australian time...

Action gets underway at the Rhenus Sports arena at 3:30am AEST.

Live Stats - Boomers vs France!

Spurs team mates Parker vs Mills will be interesting to catch!

Post any live video links in this thread for those who will get up early.

Topic #28835 | Report this topic

benno  
Years ago

Once again so so early! would love to see pat tear tony a new one hahaha

Reply #371526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

theres streams out there I am pretty certain

Reply #371530 | Report this post

watch  
Years ago

http://www.tous-sports.tv/24.html

Reply #371534 | Report this post

Johnny  
Years ago

^^
thank you

Reply #371535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

40-30 Australia up

Reply #371536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aus up

by 16!!!

Reply #371537 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

France look out of sync. Totally different to the last game I saw from them. Parker not involved.

Andersen has played well, but got some terrible calls against him, one from the Aussie ref (after which Andersen said "you're an Aussie, mate"), so again in foul trouble.

Ingles has been great as the Boomers rely on their outside shot. For me, he's been our best player in pre-Olympic games.

Australia 51-35.

Reply #371538 | Report this post

Johnny  
Years ago

Looks like Ingles has the nod as the star of this team... I expect a big olympics and it wont be long til he's in the NBA

Reply #371539 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Australia up 57-44 at 3/4 time.

Reply #371540 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Barlow's status as a reliable 3-point shooter has to be questioned further as he misses his 4th open 3.

Reply #371541 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

France with a 10-0 run to close within 6. It was only a matter of time before they got their shit together.

Reply #371542 | Report this post

Johnny  
Years ago

'Le monstre Baynes' as per the French commentators...

I'm sure he'd like that

Reply #371543 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Australia hold on to win 69-67. Parker missed a 3 on the buzzer for the win.

Reply #371544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thank GOD! I thought we were gonna snuff that up[ but Baynes was really the actalyst for that win he did so well this time.... that is a big scalp!

Reply #371545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which ref was it? Was it that fat little ref that thinks the fans come too him blow his whistle?

Reply #371548 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Good win to help boost some confidence ahead of the opening game!

Reply #371549 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Great to see Delly get a start in this game, and do the job defensively against Parker. I never thought we'd see a starting five of Andersen, Worthington, Ingles, Mills and Dellavedova. It will be interesting to see how Brown slots Maric back into this line up.

It was also great to see Baynes get a double-double (11 points, 10 rebounds). His energy is infectious on both ends of the floor. He's built up a great rapport with Delly offensively. If he could improve his finishing at the rim (coach's should be encouraging him to take one big power dribble after the catch and try to dunk it everytime, do away with the flat, hard baby hooks for now) he'd be a nightmare for the opposition.

Reply #371550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some people will probably look at Barlow's stats and again wonder why he's in the team, but while his stats aren't always that impressive he can be a pretty great lockdown defender. If I recall he kept the ACB's league MVP Andy Panko to a very low (if not his lowest) scoring output for the season. Plus there were a few games where he was pretty dominant and lead the scoring. He also played the second most minutes for his team so coaches obviously see value in him at this international level

Reply #371597 | Report this post

Avv  
Years ago

Barlow's continued inability to knock down the open shot is a worry though. Teams are quickly figuring out they can leave him open and stay in the paint without much risk....

Reply #371614 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

I'm not sure what's happened to Barlow's shot over the years. When he was at the Tigers he was automatic from the three-point line when left open.

Reply #371619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

some days hes on, some hes off...

Reply #371646 | Report this post

Fletch  
Years ago

Does anyone have a replay for this game? was awesome seeing the replays for the Aus vs Spain games any chance their is a similar site for this one?

Reply #371653 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

BA Recap

FIBATV Video Highlights!

Box Score

Loved the fact Mills and Delly started alongside each other, and that Delly pretty much shut down Parker!

Reply #371669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barlow is automatic for his club team, just not boomers. Fiba have a replay but you have to be a subscriber.

Reply #371681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im sure there would be a replay for us somewhere

Reply #371683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing - looked everywhere ??? Ahhhgggg

Reply #371693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC, That boxscore BA put up is incomplete. It was taken at 3 Qtr time or something. The team scores, player scores etc are all wrong.

For anyone that's interested top scorers for us were Ingles 16, Mills 13, Baynes 11 and Andersen 10.

For France all I could find was their top two scorers Nando De Colo 17 & Nicolas Batum 14.

Reply #371702 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

At one stage Barlow was near the key and had Parker on him after a switch. Instead of posting him up, he wandered back out to the corner in the hope of launching a 3. It's as if Barlow isn't aware of his own physical attributes.

Reply #371703 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

rjd. One look at Barlow's hair is enough evidence to deduce that he has no awareness of his physical attributes.
Seriously though, I agree with what you are saying. I don't get his game at all. I keep looking for whatever it is that keeps him playing at the level he does but can't come up with an answer. I don't even see him as anything special on "D" and he is a very ordinary rebounder for his size.
Of course his Euro contract and permanent Boomers gig proves that many better judges than I see something.

Reply #371706 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:07 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754