Isaac
Years ago

New NBL 2012/13 schedule released

Clubs will play 28 home-and-away games during the regular season with each team playing each other four times. The top four teams at the end of the regular season will advance to the 2012 NBL Finals, which are expected to commence on March 29 next year. The best-of-three Grand Final series will be played in mid-March.

Full schedule (PDF)

Topic #28847 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Only one home game date changed.

Was one on Friday 7th December that is now on Sunday 9th December.

I do love that everyone now plays each team twice at home. Makes it all very even for everyone.

Reply #371748 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

38 of the 48 teams live on Ten are Aus capital city teams. Something like Melbourne 13, Adelaide 10, Sydney 8, Perth 7, Townsville 4, New Zealand, Wollongong and Cairns 2.

Perth will have quite a few Friday home games live Id imagine, and looking at those numbers it seems quite a few Sydney games will be on Fridays too.

Reply #371754 | Report this post

meo  
Years ago

Shame they didn't change our first home game away from a Bathurst clash, first home game and I'll miss it

Reply #371756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WAY too many Sunday games. What a terrible timeslot - 1:30pm on a Sunday.

Reply #371758 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The final round game at Wollongong seems to be the regular feature, just like the ANZAC day clash of Essendon and Collingwood.

Reply #371759 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Saville's farewell?

Reply #371760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cant wait for December, otherwise known as Crocs vs 6ers month... 4 games in 36 days against each other spanning 30 Nov to 4 Jan

Reply #371763 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

Perth play their first 5 games on the road and don't get a home game until round 7?!?

On the flipside they get 7 home games in a row from rounds 14-20.

Reply #371773 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Did I read that correctly; "top four teams...will advance to the 2012 NBL finals which are expect to commence March 29 next year. The best of three Grand Final series will be played in mid March"

That's revolutionary. There's some serious money that could be made on the semis!

Reply #371774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Naph, Perth Arena doesn't open in time for the start of the season so Perth has away games until the venue is ready to go.

Reply #371781 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Also Hopman cup need the Perth Arena for a full month for a couple tennis matches.. so there is a few weeks in the middle of away games too.

Reply #371787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just love the fact there's not five home games in Mad March this year. Far too much on in Adelaide that time of year to schedule more than one home game.

Reply #371788 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Just got back from a few weeks overseas for some R&R. so im guessing most teams have finalised their roster's. i dont like Sydney's team. i think they have to be wooden spoon favourites. 36ers seem to have improved their roster and depth. tigers look alright although who is their other import. breakers should come back to the field a little bit, Perth are favourites for mine. very stable team perth. Townsville i am concerned about their big men, other then hinder they are quite small, yes they have allen but when does he play inside. Hawks will battle kings for the spoon and cairns well they dont excite me either. Im probably excited to watch melbourne and adelaide this year, unless their is some new exciting import. being from brissie with no brisbane or gold coast team, its hard to get excited about the NBL this season

Reply #371801 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

So , it would seem that the 1/2 time entertainment for the sunday games will be provided by the likely new owners of the venue - bit of a charismatic sing-a-long followed by pass the plate ?

Reply #371814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sitiveni: Crocs import big is rumoured to be 6'11"

Reply #371821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's all we need - another sunday game!I think it's 9 Sunday games. I wish I hadn't bought a season ticket given that schedule.

Reply #371825 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

@ anon: any tip on a name or a short list re: crocs big?

So far have heard nothing, other than Woolpert is looking for a "monster"...

Reason to fear the Crocs' imports: TSV have plenty of cash to spend on the two import slots -- technically the salary of Schenscher, Gill, and Mims to spend on a combo guard and a centre, plus when you factor in the big paycuts taken by Allen and Mick Cedar, even more. That's a lot of dough for a 1-2 import punch.

Reply #372028 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:01 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754