LC
Years ago

Aleks Maric linked with Lokomotiv in Russia

Russian power club Lokomotiv Kuban are close to agreeing to terms with Aleks Maric who has been with Greek giant Panathinaikos.

Both parties have apparently been in intensive negotiations in the past week and yesterday the reached an agreement about a two year deal.

A source from Lokomotiv confirmed that Maric is heading to the Krasnodar club:"Maric is a player we wanted for a long time. He wanted to check all his options and we waited.
In the last couple of days there were intensive talks and they were very positive". The deal is said to be around 600.000 Euros per season.

Topic #28869 | Report this topic

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Is this a step forward or back LC? Panathinaikos is a well known euro power house but Lokomotiv Kuban I have never heard of..(not saying much as I only know CSKA Moscow and UNICS Kazan).

As I understand his minutes were limited in Greece so a switch to a lesser known club will probably bring more minutes. Pretty good money for playing basketball either way.

Thanks for the story

Reply #372037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many Euros per season?

Reply #372038 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Mid-level Russian club who from the outside look to be putting an improved team together this season. Good step for Maric, he has only had one good pro season and needs the opportunity to play.

Will be intertesting to see how he goes in the faster style in the VTB United League. Most teams run lots of high pick and rolls so that should suit him offensively and test him defensively.

Reply #372042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Certainly a step back but he wasn't getting much court time in Greece which he'll more than likely get in Russia.

Not bad works out to be around $700k a season but supposedly he was on $900k in Greece.

Reply #372045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this a step forward or back LC? Panathinaikos is a well known euro power house but Lokomotiv Kuban I have never heard of..(not saying much as I only know CSKA Moscow and UNICS Kazan).

---------------------------------------------

Are you kidding me? Panathinaikos is one of the 5 biggest clubs in Europe. Lokomotiv is one of the 5 biggest in Russia.

It's a large down step.

--------------------------------------------

Not bad works out to be around $700k a season but supposedly he was on $900k in Greece.

---------------------------------------------

It's more than that in both Russia and Greece. Because those numbers don't count the taxes. Clubs in Russia and Greece pay for all the taxes of their players (including the home country credits), so they net every cent of the pay.

Reply #372067 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Maric signs with Lokomotiv

Maric has been confirmed as signing with Lokomotiv. Looks like they really wanted him and I would expect he would slot into the starters centre role immediately.

Given he was sitting on the pine at Panathinaikos, I think this is a great move to a very good team in a good leage and the chance to once again play decent minutes.

Reply #372129 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:56 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754