LC
Years ago

London Olympics basketball predictions

So how does everyone see the basketball (men & women) unfolding?

I would love to see some upsets in the men's draw, hopefully positive ones for Australia! USA are favorites, but Spain, Brazil and France also look like contenders. Here is my early hopeful tips on the top 4..

Gold: USA
Silver: Spain
Bronze: Australia (I'm being hopeful & patriotic)
4th: Brazil

On the women's side, I think apart from USA, it is quite open. I Kane being dumped by Brazil I think hurts their chances more than it helps. Here's an early prediction...

Gold: USA
Silver: Australia
Bronze: Russia
4th: Czech Republic

Topic #28872 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Women to finish in top 3
Men will finish in top 8(would like them finish higher but not confident from my view)

Reply #372088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Women to finish in top 3
Men will finish in top 8(would like them finish higher but not confident from my view)

Reply #372089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unlikely that the boomers will beat brazil or spain

finish 4th in the pool again - play usa and exit

but .... i'd love to be proven otherwise

Reply #372093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wont beat Spain at this level now the true games have begun. But could cause Brazil issues. No Bogut no Australia as far as i see it though.

Reply #372101 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Reckon Lithuania could medal

Reply #372104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

top 8 is gonna be

USA
Brazil
Spain
Australia
Russia
Lithuania
France
Argentina

Top Teir
USA
Brazil
Spain
RUssia

Best of the rest

Australia
Argentina
France
Lithuania

I believe how ever that theres only a few points between 3rd and 8th is only a few teams. I would say that this is probably how it will pan out but I still think Australia is one of the best darkhorses to sneak into top 4...

Reply #372132 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

China give the Czechs a tough game in the opener. China up by 4 with 4 min to go. Upset on the cards with the Czechs a predicted medal chance.

Reply #372141 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

China give the Czechs a tough game in the opener. China up by 4 with 4 min to go. Upset on the cards with the Czechs a predicted medal chance.

Reply #372142 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

China gets a huge upset win over the Czech Republic in the opener.
A huge turn around from the 2010 worlds in which the Czechs were silver medalists and China went 0/3 to finish last in their pool.

Reply #372144 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Opals beat GB in a scrappy game, LJ a standout

Reply #372193 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Really men are not strong enough to really have any real impact.
Opals should finish in final but not so sure after watching 1 st game
Terrible defence and poor rebounding against a ver lowly rated GB .
No 1st game but lots of turnovers and had lot of time in preparation to get right .
We might have been lucky to win without LJ who is massive class.
Have not seen much of Cambage but very ordinary in game

Reply #372205 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Cambage got into foul trouble early into the game and was never a factor. Tom Maher coaching GB would know the Aussies game better than any other coach out there. I expect the Aussies to play stronger during their next few games. USA didn't look very strong either in their first game, only really came alive in the last quarter.
Is it that hard for Adidas to create a decent uniform for Australia?? Looked like the girls were playing in their practice jerseys!!

Reply #372207 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Agreed about the uniform - not very inspiring at all.

Reply #372218 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:50 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754