Punter
Years ago

STURT V SOUTHERN ON MONDAY

Can anyone shed some light on why Sturt and Southern are playing at Pasadena on Monday as advertised. What time will the games be.
I could understand if it was the Public Holiday Monday.

Topic #2888 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Same time as previously planned. 6:30 and 8:15.

I think (not sure) that it was moved because Sturt have a function on the Saturday night that could impair their ability on Sunday.

Why, going to miss Desperate Housewives?

Reply #32795 | Report this post

Timberwolf  
Years ago

This is shocking on both the clubs part i reckon.If the the Sturt Legends night was on the same day as the game then fiar enough but its not so why would it be changed?

I am surprised that the Tigers agreed to it. If the Sturt boys wanna go out and get drunk the night before the game let em. When the tigers desperately need a win, why would you go out of your way to help your oppossition. Crazy!

And Sturt, is there a rule tha everyone must get blind at the Legends night. Surely the team can go and have a great night and celebrate their clubs legends without getting out of control. I can't believe that they would ask to change it in the first place.

Reply #32887 | Report this post

N.C.T  
Years ago

Its because the tigers are a really fair club and help out when needed! just look at the merge.

Reply #32899 | Report this post

STIP  
Years ago

Obviously, Timberwolf, you have never heard of something called sportsmanship.

Reply #32910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tigers will have the last laugh...well the last laugh on monday...cos sturt will probably win the title while tigers miss miss finals, but tigers to win on monday.....monday night state league...it will take off!!

Reply #32941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was BASA who stuffed up yet again. Sturt had this night booked 1 year ago and informed BASA of this. BASA once again showed their incompetence and forgot! Thanks to Southern for their understanding of the situation.

Reply #32991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When else could BASA schedule it? Merely give both clubs a night off, surely a Sudnday program is better than the alternative Saturday night possibility?

Reply #33007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

N.C.T - "the tigers are a really fair club "

You have to be kidding me?!?!

18B div 2. They won 103-13 tonight, against a team with 5 players. One who fouled out in the third... They ran a full court 2-2-1 press the entire game. Last minute of the game, the tigers coach was yelling at them to get up. Where is the sportsmanship in that? No one learnt anything from that game! It does nothing for anyone.

Dont claim sportsmanship for tigers, its simply not true!

Reply #33010 | Report this post

Timberwolf  
Years ago

I just don't understand why Sturt can't play on Sunday just because they have a function to attend on the Saturday night.

Reply #33044 | Report this post

STIP  
Years ago

Because they will be setting a wonderful example to the juniors by playing with a hang-over if they played on the Sunday.

Well, that and the above reasons. Can't you read, Timberwolf

Reply #33053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

RE: N.C.T - "the tigers are a really fair club "

You have to be kidding me?!?!

Anonymous which club are you from obviously not from

Sturt who beat Eastern 106 - 21
or
South who beat Eastern 103 - 12
or
North who beat Eastern 81 - 17
or
Fville who beat Eastern 106 - 18

In a comp that is very close and percentage could come into play where finals are concerned (as you will see from the above score lines) every team who has the capability will get every point possible!

Reply #33059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Except percentage doesn't mean anything come finals time.

Nice try tho

Reply #33060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes it does if teams draw!

Reply #33065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah sorry, if two teams manage to draw both their games in the season or the results of both games are exactly the same as reversed then percentage matters.

I'm sure neither has happened recently and it's hardly a basis for beating teams by as much as possible.

Reply #33067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

of course it hasnt happened recently we have not yet come to the second half of the season and it is quite possible that it will happen in the second half.

Reply #33077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I meant in recent winter seasons. Obviously it can't have happened yet this season, we've only played 8 rounds.

Reply #33078 | Report this post

N.C.T  
Years ago

well 'anonymous' if eastern can't hack it then they should'nt have a team in u18 div 2 boys where they get thumped every week. i was at that game and what are the tiger boys suppost to do when the mavs kids kept throwing it away. it's not social or school where if the score is say 10 - 0 the winning team has to play half court.

Reply #33315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

N.C.T. - "Its because the tigers are a really fair club"

i'm not disputing that team shouldn't be in div 2, the point i am making is that you can't claim Tigers are a fair club because they move their game to accomodate sturts drinking, then have a full court press run against 4 players! Tigers should have refused to move the game, maybe if Sturt had to play their reserves against tigers at the original time then they would have come close to a win.

If tigers had used the same mentality their u-18b2 coach used then they would have refused to change the game time.

All you other anon - clutching at straws. Teams draw twice, give me a break.

Reply #33337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the coach just wants to look good!!! from the tigers that is!

Reply #33385 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:53 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754