Tiger Watcher
Years ago

Goulding to Tigers

Goulding to Tigers has been agreed in principal. Singing etc to be formalized in coming days.

Topic #28885 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Good pick up for tigers IMO...

Reply #372235 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Do they get him for 1 point? Assume so given starting pg and centre to come.

Reply #372387 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Anstey situation + Goulding makes this the most hateable team in the league by far. Let the boos rain down.

Reply #372433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clearly you've never met Chris then Mick?

Reply #372434 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Most sports fans have never met any of the players they watch.

It doesn't change the response we have to them.

It's part of the game. Heroes, nice guys, villains.

I hate him because he acts like a douche on the court and looks like a douche. It's all good.

Reply #372436 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

True i have never met Mick and i know he is a douche!!

Reply #372451 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Get a clue mate. You make a reasonable disagreement about a basketball issue get to you personally. Grow up.

Reply #372458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding loves to be a douche for sure

Reply #372462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have ceretainly met Anstey many times and whilst he is a nice guy, the politics of what he did to Gleeson are disgusting. Goulding and Anstey are a perfect fit.
Let the hate commence.

Reply #372469 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

I wouldn't blame Anstey for being put into that situation. He didn't do anything to Gleeson. The admin/owners did.

Anstey was the next in line, must've known that Gleeson was on the way out, and needed to tip-toe around the issue while the lawyers were dealing with the situation.

I highly doubt Anstey would have been approached for the Head of Basketball position had the admin/owner not already decided that Gleeson had to go.

Reply #372496 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

As for Goulding, he has the potential to be a very good signing. He has talent, but something seems to be lacking (his attitude or drive?) to elevate him to the next level. Maybe a change in environment will help him. I am hoping that the D-mac - Anstey combination will help him develop into a more consistent and rounded player who can play solid D. Otherwise, he will just remain the entertaining and sometimes frustrating player to watch that he is.

Reply #372499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a joke RJD. Anstey was part of the whole plot to shaft Glleson.
His appointment to the position of Head of Basketball was only a token position.
He's in, that token position as far as I know is now vacant. All part of his scheming.
Amstey can't coach at the NBL level and his AC is Dmac, who has been plotting ever since Gleeson got the top job over him.

Reply #372507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When are people going to let the Ansty vs Gleeson thing go? What happened was unfortunate for Gleeson and definitely not the right way to go about removing a coach. But what's done is done and harping on about it isn't going to change it.

Are we seriously going to have to listen to/read people whinging about this every time the Tigers do something? This thread is about a Tigers signing, talk about that and post the other nonsense on the 1,000 other "We hate Ansty and the Tigers" threads!

Reply #372534 | Report this post

MWP  
Years ago

I agree with Hoops Mick = Douche!

Reply #372536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mr World Peace, I actually think Mick is one of the better posters on here.

Reply #372546 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Goulding Profile
Cant play defence!
Low IQ!
Takes bad shots!
Turn Over Prone!
Looks Great every 4 weeks!
Queenslander!!
There are a heap of players in the SEABL better than this guy!!
Yeah good move by the Tiges!! HA hA

Reply #372556 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

This signing has increased the number of knuckleheads at Tigers HQ.

Reply #372580 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Walker and Goulding will make a great 1-2 knucklehead punch.

Reply #372628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why let it go. The Tigers used to be the family club and looked after their players and fans.
Now it's everyone for themselves and stuff the family principles.
We have stupid threads here for boycott the CBA. How about all true fans of the Tigers boycott the Tigers.
Low, dirty, underhanded politics is not what needs to be encouraged nor supported in Basketball at any level.

Reply #372644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's fine. If it still keeps you up at night, then boycott the Tigers. Rip up your membership and support someone else. Just stop whinging about it.

If you knew anything about the Tigers, they are moving in the right direction to get back the inclusive club that it once was.

As for the Goulding signing (if you remember, is what the thread is about) I don't really know much about him. He doesn't seem to have much in the way of basketball IQ but who knows what might happen.

Reply #372700 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:16 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754