Anonymous
Years ago

Eligibility Finals - Juniors

What are the rules for finals eligibility for players that have played up and want to qualify for a lower team for finals?

Topic #28888 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

could I suggest you go read the by laws, or contact your secretary I am positive either will be able to answer your question.

Reply #372470 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Unless it has changed, I thought if a player qualified for the lower grade, then they qualify for the higher grade.

Call Forestville, they would know for sure.

Reply #372472 | Report this post

Eh eh  
Years ago

Nice one JT. Forestville will definitely know. Of course, if you're Forestville, the rules don't apply to you (see: A Clarke, A Clarke & H Clarke in 2010).

For every other club, as I understand it, you need to play 40% of games in a grade to qualify for finals. All games played in a LOWER division qualify you for a higher division. Based on 18 game seasons, if you play 13 games, 8 in div 1, 5 in div 2, you only qualify for Div 1 finals. If you play 8 games total, 5 in div 2, 3 in div 1, then you only qualify for div 1. If you play 9 in div 2, 9 in div 1, I believe you're eligible for either (but you can only play 1 set of finals).

Hope this makes some sense. As stated above, disregard if you're from Forestville as you can make your own rules there.

Reply #372502 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Lol @ how bitter you are ^

Reply #372511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is only bitter when he can not bend the rules for himself or his club.

Reply #372516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Say I play 11 games in the higher division and 7 in the lower division (but the lower division team forfeits one game so -1 of the total games to be played is 6.2 rounded upto 7 per basketball sa by law 2.8 b example 3) I should qualify?

Reply #372559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hmm stab in the dark your not a Norwood U18 player are you?

Reply #372561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you asking if am one or that I am not one?

Reply #372570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One in the same? Are you or are you not, that is the question?

Reply #372581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes I do happen to be a Norwood player. How about you?

Reply #372584 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Norwood have done this before many times !

The Norwood Div 1 players that have no chance of playing in Div 1 finals are suddenly "rotated" into a Div 2 team. The team that we soundly beat in the first half of the season is now competitive when it is stacked with these Div 1 "blowins".

Well known dirty trick

Reply #372676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No I'm not a player just an enthusiast U18 div 1 and 2 are still sniffing about for 5th spot but 3's are down and out so Im assuming he wants to have a go at Div 4? who are top???

Reply #372702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2676 surely Norwood wouldn't make div 1 players play enough games, 40% in 2nds "just in case" maybe playing them under other players names???

Reply #372868 | Report this post

nix85  
Years ago

Anon 676- name the age group then. I can say pretty definitely that you're talking crap. Just think about what you're saying for a minute and consider how ridiculous it sounds. There is absolutely NO WAY that is happening. If you are so sure, then tell us who it is.

Reply #372879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would be surprised if clubs have played players under other players names in the name of winning, but I think some of the clubs with large player bases do rotate groups of players through just enough to hedge bets, I've heard of playing groups being dropped divisions to get good starts to seasons then the players go back up the higher levels?

Reply #372892 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:21 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754