U17
Years ago

Squad for upcoming u17 camp

Heard that there's a camp coming up in August. Does anyone have a squad list or at least know if any SA players made it?

Topic #28904 | Report this topic

hogwash61  
Years ago

You're right. The camp's in the September School Holidays (24-28 Sep) at the AIS in Canberra. There's an U17 Oceania tournament to be held in Country Victoria in the last week of November.

Reply #372788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know Shane Froling's oldest son made it - i THINK he is a first year too - maybe only 14?

Reply #372894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any dante exum?

Reply #372898 | Report this post

U17  
Years ago

Exum is too old. I think it will be picked from the recent u16 tournament. Good effort by Frolling if he did make it as a first year.

Anyone know where I could find a list? Paul? LC?

Reply #372902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there was a kid from tassie that avg 25pts 15rebsout of the same under 16 comp harry Froling was at that should make it.

Reply #372906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kyle Clark - dead set gun!

Reply #372950 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I can't find a list on the BA website so I am not sure as to whom has been invited to camp.

Reply #372952 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

2 of our SA Metro girls made the camp - both Forestville kids. The first was always a definite, I mean when you finish up as leading average point scorer you'd be stiff not to make it. The second was a first year and I would beg to suggest it was sheer athleticism that got her over the line. The kid can play, and she will only get better as she matures.

One of the SA Country girls from Centrals made it too. Had a solid week in Tamworth, would have finished in the top 5 highest average scorers I think. If not, then only just outside. Potentially could have had an even stronger tournament, but lacked a bit of depth around her so ended up tired by doing a lot of the work herself.

Not sure on the boys front though.

Reply #373054 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Oh, letters only received on Friday so I would say an official list would be about a week away. If put up at all.

Reply #373055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i'd say the only SA boy close to selection would be Austin Clarke

Reply #373113 | Report this post

JTW  
Years ago

Awhina Axam QLDS
Goergia Buchwald TAS
Madeline Denis WAM
Ella Hellesey VC
Bridie Kennedy Hopate QLDS
Sarah Jaeger TAS
Jade Johnson SAM
Rachel Lucas VM
Megan McKay WAM
Krystle McKenzie QLDS
Courtney Middap TAS
Danjiela Milisic NSWC
Bridgitte O'Neil VM
Carly Perso VC
Georgia Pineau VM
Alexandra Sharp VM
Demi Skinner SAC
Elizabeth Tonks NSWC
Tahlia Tupea NSWM
Morgan Yaeger SAM

Reply #374030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Release Friday 3rd August, 2012 Basketball Australia Announce Development Squad Following the Under 16 National Championship held in Tamworth earlier this month Basketball Australia today announced the 20 male and 20 female athletes who will attend the Australian Development Camp from 24 - 27 September, 2012.  This camp will commence the selection process for the 2014 Under 17 World Championship Teams and will be held at the AIS in Canberra under the direction of BA technical director MiKe McHugh with AIS basketball men's coach Ian Stacker and women’s coach  Phil Brown
 Boys 
Abiola Atkintola VM  
Austin  Clarke SAM
 Kyle  Clark TAS 
Robert  Colton ACT  
Austin Cummings WAM
Mitch Drescher NT 
Harrison Froling QLDN
Jayden  Hodgson NSWC  
Isaac Humphries NSWM 
Tim  Molloy?Leigh VC
Kouta Noi NSWC 
Matt  Owies VM 
Jock Perry VM  
Jacob Pupavac VC 
Jeremy Pulesea QLDS  
Sam  Stafford SAC  
Dejan Vasilijevic VM 
Darryl White QLDS  
William White QLDS  
Tom  Wilson VM  

Reply #375224 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

Do we have any kids with the potentional of Exum/Summons coming through the next back of kids does anyone know?

Reply #375235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes. Darryl white. Qlds

Reply #375236 | Report this post

H  
Years ago

I think you mean Will White, bottom age & already killing it at nationals.

Reply #375239 | Report this post

hogwash61  
Years ago

Are you sure these are the squads released by BA? There was a kid from Queensland South (Robateau) who did very well but is not named. Where did you get these names from? I can't seem to find any BA Media Release?

Reply #375872 | Report this post

Hard to find  
Years ago

Why BA didn't release on their website - probably too much Olympic action ...

Punch in google:

Media Release - Basketball NSW - Development Squad 3rd August 2012.

The link is broken on the top result but a list will open up in Google docs if you click on "quick view".

Hope this helps.

Reply #375878 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

No Ben Simmons or Dante Exum from Vic Metro.

But a big 6'11 kid, Jock Perry who is still quite raw but now developing at a fast rate.

Also, a quality shooter in Dejan Vasilijevic with 1st gen Euro bloodlines...kids got game.

Abiola Atkintola has always been a standout in this age group, if he continues to develop he may be a boomer some day. Is about to represent Aus at 3 on 3 worlds.

Surprise ommission for Vic Metro was Blake Allison, highly versatile all rounder.

Reply #376308 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

No Ben Simmons or Dante Exum from Vic Metro.

But a big 6'11 kid, Jock Perry who is still quite raw but now developing at a fast rate.

Also, a quality shooter in Dejan Vasilijevic with 1st gen Euro bloodlines...kids got game.

Abiola Atkintola has always been a standout in this age group, if he continues to develop he may be a boomer some day. Is about to represent Aus at 3 on 3 worlds.

Surprise ommission for Vic Metro was Blake Allison, highly versatile all rounder.

Reply #376309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hills Hornets captain missing, too. Would have thought he and Allison would have been two of the most well-rounded kids in the age group. A case of not being great at one thing costing them selection?

Reply #376511 | Report this post

Pete Smith  
Years ago

To those much wiser than me, apart from young Froling, do any of the other kids have parents with NBL pedigree?

Froling's dad. What's his basketball resume look like? Noticed his twin daughters are doing quite nicely too.

Reply #378497 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Froling has improved dramatically in the last few years. Has a lot of potential as a bottom ager. Willaim Whit is a basketball phenomon.

Reply #415173 | Report this post

The Big Pfos  
Years ago

I was disappointed seeing that Alex Foster did not make the QLD north team. He has great potential and his fundamentals are amazing. He really should be in this Australia squad and will be dunking soon. Be sure to wear your ankle guards because he will break you down like u standing on ice. I'm out.

Reply #425313 | Report this post

Leon Machhoo  
Years ago

Yes. Rumour has it Alex Foster has improved since moving from Brissy. I heard he is the star of the north and shines like the southern cross on a shady night. You also have to take a torch when you are with him because he will shoot the lights out!!! :)

Reply #425314 | Report this post

What the????  
Years ago

Are you guys on drugs!!! Foster in the OZ squad let alone the Qld squad??? How could you even think of putting him against the Wil white types or 6"10 Issaac Newton. Not even in a minor league let alone up with those eboys. Crazy Dope up in Nth Qld messin with ya heads.

Reply #428806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling, Humphries, White all had outstanding u16 nationals, would have to be a lock for next camp?

Reply #428817 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:25 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754