Tornado
Years ago

Hawks interested in Deleon or Ervin

Its been rumoured that the Hawks are trying to get a deal done with the streetballer.

Topic #28912 | Report this topic

BobbyO  
Years ago

Also speaking to Gary Ervin

Reply #372977 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Wouldnt be surprised if they have a look Jazzmar from Albury Wodonga Bandits in SEABL.Had a super season!!!

Reply #372989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't understand why the NBL doesn't look at SEABL imports more often?
There are some great imports in the league but NBL teams continuously take risks and end up with players much worse.

Reply #372996 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Gordie says the chances of getting Ervin are very slim. Deleon sounds like a chance, but it'd come down to whether that was the sort of player they wanted.

They've more or less signed the rest of their roster but haven't decided whether they'll go with a guard and a forward or two guards.

Gordie is known to be a bit keen on getting 'lucky' with a wildcard (e.g., McKee, Ervin, etc). IMO, just get a decent known quantity and run with that. Deleon put up good numbers for the Blaze last year.

Reply #372997 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Ervin is out of reach for them financially. Unless he wants to come back Australia more than making double what he could be I doubt he will be back in the NBL.

Deleon would be a good signing. Abit streaky and comes off as abit of a tosser but otherwise would be a step in the right direction for the Hawks.

Suprised they have retained so much of their team from last year. They really need 2 good imports to do anything other than fight Melbourne and Sydney for the wooden spoon.

Reply #372999 | Report this post

ant  
Years ago

I like Jazzmar too but I think the fact that he has never played in a highly recognised competition works against him. I believe he played division 2 college, in Canada and now in SEABL. Very risky

Reply #373003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DeLeon would be a good signing for the Hawks, the last couple of chances Gordie took on an import guard blew up in his face (Bailey & Glover).

Go for the known quantity this time.

Reply #373005 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Hope they get DeLeon!

Reply #373011 | Report this post

Will  
Years ago

Deleon is not what the Hawks need , he doesnt pass the ball
The Blaze players hated playing with him and the Hawks players hated playing with Ubaka for the same reason
Deleon is worse
The Hawks have been absolutley killed in rebounding last year and the year before.
They have had no post game for 2 years and Grubers is old and too small and always injured
They need another big to play inside on offence and defence and a point guard to help get Foreman and Davidson free from the 3 point line
I cant believe they are contemplating 2 import guards after being smashed inside for 2 years
I guess it will be 3 years in a row missing the play offs

Reply #373025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a shame that they did not get Petrie
They then could have put all the money on one import pg

I don't think that Deleon is a bad option as he a very good rebounder and defender and the hawks need a scorer to draw the d and open up the floor for foreman and sav

Gruber is past it but there is not many options left ???

Reply #373156 | Report this post

Gman  
Years ago

Hawks need a point with a great handle who can run offence and get pass the ball , the rest of the team are mostly spot up shooters.
Also need some real toughness inside , Someone who can get the double double every night.
Get Darnell Mee and Melvin Thomas and it's sorted.

Reply #373162 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:24 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754