Anonymous
Years ago

Thon Maker. Australian enough to be a future boom?

I have just seen a video of sudanese-australian thon maker. NBA scouts are already looking at him and he hasnt even started college yet... with the skills he already has if he progresses as he should he will be in the NAB. dioes anyomne know much about him? is he a genuine Boomers shot, is he naturalised and has he shown any interest in representing Australia? i think basketball Australia needs to get this kid in the next u17 team and FAST

Topic #28914 | Report this topic

ant  
Years ago

Why would the NAB want him to work in their bank for?

Reply #373031 | Report this post

balla11  
Years ago

Well played @ant, first he needs to put some weight on he is ridiculously skinny

Reply #373034 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Hahahahaha Ant you beat me to it. Funny stuff mate. yeh i have heard of this fella, but lets see if he is another majok or what.

Reply #373036 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

By all accounts he is showing a lot of promise, but still has a fair amount of stuff to work on.

I hope any emerging young prospects like him come through and can make it to national team level, both for themselves but also for Australia.

Reply #373040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BA needs to find him ????,

You cannot get some of these kids away from the " Meal Ticket " guardians or dad's or mentors etc... So many of these kids are shopped around and coaches get no thank you for the time they invest and the opportunity given.

Reply #373043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't he around 37 years old already ?

Reply #373044 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Already have various Thon Maker threads that you might want to check.

Reply #373046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

By the time alot of these prospects get to college age, their real age comes into play. You can lie about your age all that you want but physiologically you will always stop developing and improving.

Reply #373095 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

If you got ESPN3 you can actually watch a replay of the u14's AAU nationals where Thon played for Dunk Dog Elite and won the title that was played last Friday I think. It wasnt his best game from what I could tell since they double teamed him whenever he got the ball but he had quite a few blocks and still didnt do to bad on the stat sheet.

My question is this, people keep bringing up the kids age all the time but Ive heard him called an Australian of Sudanese descent and I always assumed that ment he was born in Australia.. anyone know for sure?.

Reply #373109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Born In Sudan

Reply #373151 | Report this post

El Diablo  
Years ago

So many times, big guys are expected to become stars, yet fail to deliver in college at all.

Cases in point:
1. Martin Iti
2. Ater Majok

Iti can't even get regular playing time on a horrible Kings team, and Majok will never play in the NBA (ala Ben Pepper)

As they say 'hard work is the price of admission' you need something more

Reply #373189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This guy is like 20 years old

Reply #379859 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Diablo, Iti trained with the Hawks and was beaten out by McMillan which isn't really a glowing report. When workers like Trueman/etc are getting gigs, it suggests to me that the spots are there for the taking if you have the ability and work hard.

One comment I heard was that Iti excels with spacing. Four-on-four scrimmages, and he shows his stuff. Full teams, less room to move, and he is noticeably hampered.

Reply #379866 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:26 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754