Tyrell
Years ago

John Casey Bingo

With Casey commentating Olympic bball I was hoping to play a bit of the 'famous' bingo, however can't find it on this forum and googlesearch links to deadend links. Isaac is it still somewhere?

Cheers, T!

Topic #28919 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

No, I let the domain lapse, sorry! There is a John Casey sayings thread around somewhere that has a lot of the ones that were used though!

Reply #373059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.hoops.com.au/forum/10653-the-john-casey-drinking-game/

Reply #373092 | Report this post

Haha  
Years ago

I actually enjoy the commentary. Hearing it reminds me of when the NBL was actually good!

Reply #373099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As much as John Casey has his faults, he is a much better play by play commentator than Carfino. Ten should try and get him back to provide the commentary with Gaze for the upcoming season. Listening to Carfino trying to be the play by play commentator akin to somebody dragging their nails down a chalkboard.

Reply #373102 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Link to drinking game thread doesn't work for me.

I always hated "does a lap of honour" for when the ball rolls in and out of the basket.

Reply #373127 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

"and it does a lap of honour"

Reply #373130 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He produced the classic 'ambitiously but unsuccessfully' in the Opals game against Brazil! Brought back memories. It's amazing how much better a good commentator can make a game seem.

Reply #373133 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I hope we see more "flushes" tonight. Hopefully Patty can get his shot to "stick" and not have many that won't "tumble".

Reply #373147 | Report this post

Stevie  
Years ago

John wont be joining Ten this year as they have already got Rob Waters to host all the Melbourne and Adelaide home games with Andrew Gaze. Steve Carfino will still host Sydney and Wollongong and North Qld games with JVG.

Reply #373157 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

what is "case" up to these days? I haven't heard much of him on the AFL either.

Reply #373174 | Report this post

El Diablo  
Years ago

I love the one where...

China was playing Russia, and Gaze made the point that Yi could not, and would not, go left as the reason why he hasn't succeeded in the NBA.

Then Casey chimed in, in a serious tone,'that would make him easier to guard'! What a knob!

Reminded me of the bit the news channel in Die Hard (Casey is Harvey):

Gail: Dr. Hasseldorf, what can we expect in the next few hours?

Dr. Hasseldorf: Well, Gail, by this time the hostages should be going through the early stages of the Helsinki Syndrome.

Harvey Johnson): As in Helsinki, Sweden.

Dr. Hasseldorf: Finland.

Reply #373197 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

My favourite this Olympics was from Drewey:

Casey: PLayer X called for a travel

Gaze: Yeah, he didnt dribble the ball before he lifted his pivot foot.

Now that's insight!!

Reply #373200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

with his non-preferred left hand...

Reply #373207 | Report this post

Mr Durant  
Years ago

My favourite:

"He is surveying the options"

Reply #373219 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Does the shot clock ever expire in the foreground?

Reply #374264 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

"A regular conveyance from the free throw line"

Reply #374273 | Report this post

SW  
Years ago

'goes to work'..

Reply #374281 | Report this post

The Medic  
Years ago

"goes to work down low" - I reckon I heard that about 4 times in the Opals vs Brazil game - and I only saw the first 1/4!!

Reply #374288 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:25 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754