Jim Bert
Years ago

Channel 9's coverage of the Boomers

Hey guys I made a post on the WWOS facebook page highlighting their appalling lack of live coverage of the Boomers v Great Britain over night.

Like my post and let's see if it can go viral to bring attention to the matter.

Here is the link : http://www.facebook.com/wideworldofsports/posts/454808141216334

Topic #28961 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was a full on day of events yesterday and basketball was always going to be of 'less importance'than Australians competing in finals. Even though the game was shown early Australian time, Nine decided to still drop it. If it was the Opals the game (or part of) would have been shown.

Reply #373803 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Busy schedule but could've squeezed in a few minutes or highlights in place of replayed interviews, etc.

Reply #373805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Come Olympics time if you don't have foxtel sports, you're screwed. Better off paying up for cable.

Reply #373811 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I don't even both with Channel 9.. Just watch online.

Reply #373814 | Report this post

ant  
Years ago

Frontrow sports has been awesome through the Olympics. Stuff C9 and their cutting to 2 minutes of basketball here and there with crap commentry.

Frontrowsports take all the frustration out of it - and your not paying for poxtel

Reply #373825 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I think it's crap that channel 9 have 2 digital channels to show the Olympics, yet the coverage is the same on GEM as it is on Nine. They could use GO but don't bother. Why don't they just show a bunch of sports on Nine, and a different set of sports on GEM, rather than the same broadcast. Kind of makes one channel redundant doesn't it?

Was never going to expect much basketball to be shown, but even this is quite poor.

Reply #373861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get Foxtel and stop complaining

Reply #373874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thik the complaints are valid. Why show interviews instead of a sport that is happening live? C9 has all day long to show interviews when no sports are taking place. Its called common sense.

Reply #373880 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Not everyone wants or can afford Foxtel.

Reply #373882 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

#373874 Shut up mate. (1) Foxtel is not in the budget of most people. Look at the unemployment rate and the consumer confidence at the moment, jerk. (2) Media is always going on about equality and objectivity in their reporting/broadcasting, and Channel 9 is clearly not covering the different sports in an equal manner. Yes, they should show events where Australians are a good chance at success, but the spread of coverage leaves a lot to be desired.

Reply #373883 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Do you guys realise how many sports there are at the Olympics? At any given moment there's probably a dozen different events taking place so for every group of sports fans that's happy with the coverage there's fans of 11 other sports wishing they were showing something else.

I thought their coverage of the Boomers opener against Brasil was great, virtually the whole second half, but that's because it's mid morning UK time and there's not much competition. The GB game was during prime time for all the other sports and the Boomers got bumped (would have been nice to show at least some coverage though).

I'm happy to stand corrected but I'm pretty sure Nine is not allowed to show different sports on their 2 channels per the terms of their agreement?

Bottom line, it's an impossible task trying to please everyone and I reckon Nine is doing a decent job. As others have said, there are plenty of workarounds (online streams, Foxtel, your mate's Foxtel etc) if you're that upset by it.

Reply #373967 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:41 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754