Years ago

explanation of boomers game call - anyone ?

towards the end of the game boomers v china -

i think neilsen drove from the wing to the block whilst laying up and a foul was called on the defender blocking him.

for some reason mills goes to the foul line.

then all of a sudden china get the sideline possession.

commentators (gaze) could not explain the circumstance and I also could not interpret what was going on - Brown could not seem to get an answer on the sideline as well....

does anyone know hat went on ? I have NFI the only suggestion is the referee overruled and umpire call ?

Topic #28971 | Report this topic

A  
Years ago

If a team intentionally change free throw shooters a technical is to be called.

Reply #373954 | Report this post

Years ago

but china did not shoot and take possession if it was a T ? just took the side ball from from aust foul line extended ?????

Reply #373955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs picked up on their mistake and corrected it within the allowable timeframe.

From the rule book:

Article 44- Correctable Error

44.2.1 To be correctable the above-mentioned errors must be recognized by the officials,
commissioner, if present, or table officials before the ball becomes live following the
first dead ball after the game clock has started following the error.

THIS IS THE ARTICLE THAT APPLIES TO THE SITUATION:

44.3.3 Permitting the wrong player to attempt a free throw(s).
The free throw(s) attempted, and the possession of the ball if part of the penalty,
shall be cancelled and the ball shall be awarded to the opponents for a throw-in at
the free-throw line extended, unless penalties for further infractions are to be
administered.

Reply #373956 | Report this post

Years ago

CHEERS

Reply #373957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And it was absolutely fair enough that they pinged them for that. Good umpiring on there part

Reply #374003 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

I can't believe someone put the ruling up on this site so early. I was looking forward to reading all of the rule experts (non refs) post up their version of the rules first.

Not sure really why you would give a technical for someone changing free throw shooters when you cancel the bucket and give the ball away.

Should Gaze really hold his position on the NBL committee given he doesn't know the rule book?

Reply #374016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So sorry to disappoint you FM! :)

Reply #374031 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:30 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754