Tom
Years ago

Lee Roberts an NBL chance?

Heard that Lee Roberts (SBL - Kalamunda Eastern Suns) got workouts with the Hawks. Interesting player. Great rebounder mainly.

Anyone seen him play?

Topic #28995 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

An import. What position does he play?

I would've thought the Hawks already had Forman, Davidson, Gruber and Jackson in the frontcourt. Then Saville and Coenraad at SF. Leaves guards IMO.

Reply #374463 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

as far as I see he's a PF who can play some 3. his stats in the SBL are 22ppg 19rpg and he's 6'7'

Reply #374466 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Yeah I have seen him play a couple times now..
Definitely a good player, dont think he is what the Hawks are looking for though. Plays PF for the Eastern Suns but wouldnt have the size in the NBL for that role IMO. He is a good shooter though so would sit well at the 3.

Two things he has against him. He travels almost everytime he has the ball. Definitely some 'NBA' feet on him. And he talks all game, anyone within 10ft of him or that has his attention he will talk to. Not necasarily detrimental to his game, he is just trying to have fun, but could be abit distracting to himself at a higher level with his constant banter.

Here is his SBL stats if you are interested..

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?player=Lee%20Roberts&action=PSTATS&player_id=192940818&client=1-5011-83379-196571-16448426

Reply #374471 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

1 Scenario is (although very unlikely)
Ervin signs. Then a cheaper (Roberts) import for the 2nd import slot.

He's still a long shot. They've tried out a few SEABL imports so far.

Reply #374473 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

With only Gruber, Davidson and Forman youd imagine they need someone else in the frontcourt. I would like to see them get someone else who can guard genuine centres, but they cost money the Hawks probably dont have.

I agree Nat, in the Hawks system and with all their shooters they should focus their import money on the PG, even if it means getting an aussie in the last frontcourt spot.

Reply #374476 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

This Lee Roberts name may be news to the Hawks. Might be wrong, but I don't think he's on their radar at all.

Reply #374490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a flat out gun. Pretty much single handedly has a bottom of the table team in kalamunda playing finals basketball and competing with the number 1 team in waneroo who are very good.

With a couple of nbl teams possibly looking at cheap solid imports.. The sbl has a few that could tempt teams like Adelaide/wollongong/Perth/ etc

Lee Roberts.
Percell coles
Luke payne
Benjamin beran
Jeremiah Wilson ( teamamte of Henry from Sydney -same college ) is a very nice proposition
Rob kapman
Jordan wild - recently played in wildcat pre season game

Don't be surprised if any of these names pop up.

Reply #374535 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:34 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754