Isaac
Years ago

Auryn MacMillan angling for Hawks gig

The Hawks are looking for a big man to fill the one spot left on their roster and Macmillan is confident he is the man to fill the role.

"When I trained there last time I played pretty well," he said.

“They told me I'm a good chance so hopefully I get the spot.”
The rest of his quotes suggest he's pretty realistic about his approach to the league. Full article.

Anyone see Macmillan in action for the Tigers? Sounded like he did OK, albeit against a college team:
With only four Tigers player available for the game, Macmillan started at power forward against the Cougars and put on an impressive display with 12 points, nine rebounds and six blocks along with several deflections and tap outs in 34 minutes.

Topic #29023 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

One spot left on their roster? They haven't even signed an import yet let alone two.

Reply #375074 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

.. Haven't then..?

;)

Reply #375077 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

*they!!!

Reply #375078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What imports have they signed then?

Reply #375079 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

There is worse bigs floating around than him...he'd be a cheap option for them and would be ok off the bench give you 3 to 8 mins a game

Reply #375084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like Auryn. I thought he might have got an NBL shot when he returned from college. Has been playing some good basketball for the Kilsyth Cobras for a few years now. His Cobra team mate Tim Lang would also be an option for the Hawks.

Reply #375085 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Would be good to see him get a go.

Reply #375088 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They had Iti training with them, but nothing came of it.

There is an import all-but-signed. Probably have a bit of flexibility with the second choice, though I'd go with a guard and have Coenraad play up a spot at PF if need be. If they got someone like Macmillan, that would give them four bigs plus Coenraad and Jackson if need be.

Reply #375106 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Sav can play PF with the right match-up too. In fact, it may be a good thing given he has slowed down.

Reply #375114 | Report this post

JP  
Years ago

The bigs training at the moment are ordinary
Hawks need a import point guard but also a import big that can really play or they have no chance of making playoffs
Need a player that can play in the post offensively and defend a post and
a animal on the boards. They have been getting killed in this area the last 2 years.
Surely they see this

Reply #376023 | Report this post

JP  
Years ago

The bigs training at the moment are ordinary
Hawks need a import point guard but also a import big that can really play or they have no chance of making playoffs
Need a player that can play in the post offensively and defend a post and
a animal on the boards. They have been getting killed in this area the last 2 years.
Surely they see this

Reply #376024 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:16 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754