HO
Years ago

Can someone explain BigV Conference Finals

Hey, any of you BigV aficionados out there.

Can you explain the BigV conference system finals? It seems to me that the teams who finish 1 and 2 in their respective conference don't get a double chance - is that right?

Just looking at D1 and Werribee got knocked out in first round of finals (last week) but finished first?

Yeah, I know I could ask the league but that would mean waiting....

Topic #29035 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Second tier so knock out with home court advantage due to number of games needed to fit it all in!! 3 game seris for grand final seris only

Reply #375294 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

But they used to run SF's and GF as best of three is that right anon? But they changed to conferences so can no longer do that?

Reply #375297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bcoz they have a million teams in div1 making it 8teams make playoffs.
First round all elimination finals. As is the 2nd round which is a one game prelim

Then best of 3 for the final

Reply #375320 | Report this post

Boomer  
Years ago

16 teams in 2x8 conferences. Top 4 play cross-over elimination finals. Grand Final best of 3. Pretty much means the top 2 teams are playing the 7th and 8th team so if they don't win that they don't really deserve to make the next round.

Reply #375334 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

ok thanks... I think. If I was the coach of a team that finishes second in one conference and got beaten by a team that finished third in the other I'd be shitty at not getting a second chance, especially as in D1 men at least, one conference has delivered both semi finalists.

Not sure what their hurry is about, the way it looks they will have all their finals done by the end of August - its a winter sport, they could have played into September.

SEABL conference finals are better structured I think - playing off within your conference and then crossing over for the final.

Reply #375347 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Not 100% sure why they don't play into September, however it is probably to do with Footy finals etc plus you need all divisions to be finishing at the same time or in worst case only running the Champ level for 1 extra week to make it the "premier" event across the league for a week.

Reply #375354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are there so many D1 teams. They need to put more teams up into SCM one would think.

Is there any reason why there are not more teams in SCM?

Reply #376631 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:04 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754