XD
Years ago

Sixers wont be All-Australian afterall

I'm hearing today that the club is close to signing an import SG/SF and it could be done as early as this week.

He has not played in the NBL before.

Topic #29043 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great news, i think most people where of the opinion that we need a import swingman for us to be a contender, even if a cheap one.

Aslong as he can shoot at a decent clip and provide us with some scoring spark off the bench they will be fine!

Any names or info about the player?

Reply #375435 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

Heard his name is Julian Hodge... ;)

Reply #375446 | Report this post

MJ @ Super  
Years ago

Funny, but he has played in the NBL before
Well, tried his best to play

Reply #375448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pressure will be well and truly on the coaching staff! Great aggresive recruiting at this point.

Reply #375453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, pressure to win this year for sure.

Credit to the coaches/owners for a great recruiting offseason, i cant remember the last time we had a roster as good as this one on paper, and a lot of top young talent aswell.

I'd say recruiting young talent is what has kept Marty in the job, which he is obviously good at and its great to have a coach that players appear to want to play for, now he needs to win matches, make finals and contend/win titles to prove himself as a top shelf coach.

Reply #375456 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I would not expect it to be a A grade import as I would not expect we would have the budget but hopefully we do and get a Ebi Ere type

Reply #375467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

B-Mo?

Reply #375468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too bad they will be playing in the parklands

Reply #375470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CJ Massingale?

Reply #375473 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Good news. Just need them to be a knock down 3 pt shooter really. Solid D would be good too. Hopefully Creek is ready to step up as our slasher, so we won't need that skill from our import.

Reply #375477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope he can shoot into and with the wind!!

Reply #375516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds good but I won't get too excited until it becomes official.

Reply #375551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ron Dorsey,will some cheap,maybe right or wrong

Reply #375699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Come.......not some....my bad

Reply #375700 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I too have heard CJ Massingale is signed. Very risky in my opinion.

Reply #375715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpbK6CtbmJo&feature=relmfu perfect

Reply #376058 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti and Clarke on the import spot:

"We do have the points to bring in a 10-point player but there's a budget we have to work within and with the quality of our Australian contingent, we can look for a guy to fill a role," Clarke said.

"It would be a two-three (off guard/small forward) we're looking at because with Jason, Gibbo and Crossy (Nathan Crosswell), we have ball-carrying covered.

"Whether it's an undersize wing who can score or someone with greater experience, I don't know yet."

Reply #376081 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:06 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754